Tommy Tuberville

LCDAWGS19

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC's athletic director said that they will take their time finding a good fit and that the search is wide open.

I don't know if they'll have enough to go get Fleck from WMU. Candle from Toledo has only been there 1 year, don't know if they take a chance there. Kerry Combs is a heck of a recruiter, but I don't think he wants to leave Ohio State. Charlie Strong loved recruiting in Cincinnati when he was at Louisville. Brown won't leave WKU for UC.

When the dust settles, I wouldn't be surprised if Bo Pelini is the next head coach

Tuberville was a bad fit from the start. UC needs to take its time and find the "right" coach that fits. Younger upstart coach who wants to be here and engages both Ohio and Ky from a recruiting aspect.

Forget about likes of Fleck and Brohm as this would be a step backwards for both. There is very little that is attractive about the UC job other than above average facilities. Not getting in the Big 12 or ACC has hurt the program immensely.

Fit and the DESIRE to want to be here long term is what they should be looking for. Just my opinion.

Tuberville was a bad fit from the start. UC needs to take its time and find the "right" coach that fits. Younger upstart coach who wants to be here and engages both Ohio and Ky from a recruiting aspect.

Forget about likes of Fleck and Brohm as this would be a step backwards for both. There is very little that is attractive about the UC job other than above average facilities. Not getting in the Big 12 or ACC has hurt the program immensely.

Fit and the DESIRE to want to be here long term is what they should be looking for. Just my opinion.

Tommy T wanted to be here long term and was a good fit............until they got left out of the Power Conference shuffle. Good luck recruiting the Midwest and South to the next coach.

The job is still very much a step up from any job in the MAC or CUSA. At worst the salary is double and the assistant pool is vastly larger as well. You get the Purdue job and get fired in 3 years from the MAC and CUSA. Win at Cincinnati and in the AAC and you are in contention for legit P5 jobs that aren't coaching graveyards. To think otherwise is to have a very poor grasp of how the coaching ladder works...