Tommy Tuberville

LCDAWGS19

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think UC would be best served going down the retread route again like the did with Tubberville. They need to find a young up and comer who will be there for 2 or 3 years. UC needs to accept what they are and go with it. UC and Houston are stepping stone jobs, but they succeed because they attract young, talented coaches who know that if they win there they will get a top job. See Sumlin and Herman at Houston and Kelly and Jones at UC. It works for UC and Houston and they win, the fanbases are energized, and they recieve national attention because of it. UC has to keep exploiting who they are instead of trying to be something they're not.

There likely was a settlement on his contract as part of the resignation. Good move by all involved.

Does UC head back up to Michigan again for their next coach and go after the Western Michigan coach? Dantonio, Kelly and Jones all coached in Michigan before UC.

Could they get the guy from Western Michigan? I know a couple of folks will say yes but I don't think UC is the job he's looking for.