Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 97 Kentucky 92

Featured Replies

Was Mulder hurt or did he just not play?

 

I don't think he matched up well defensively.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brisco bothers me. Not a high bball iq sometimes.

 

They struggle against tall tall teams underneath on defense because they do t know how to box out. They have a lot

to work on.

 

Looked to me like he reverted to his bad mistakes from last year.

I'm prob more angry about Briscoe trying to take the comeback 3's.

Last time a major conference, D1 college team scored 94 points at home and lost?

It's kind of funny to hear a few comments that UK sucks and this guy is terrible, that guy is terrible stuff. This was a very entertaining game to watch. I was disappointed that Briscoe kept trying to take a baseline when it wasn't there. You can do that against weak teams but not one that is apparently well coached. There is a reason that UCLA is undefeated, they are a very good, balanced team that can shoot the rock. I was disappointed in some of the shot attempts that the freshmen took when they got it close with 5 minutes to go. They looked rushed and Ky didn't have anyone to rebound when they missed but I was impressed to see that they didn't quit. This will still be a team that can go deep in the tournament but Cal has work to do with what he says is the last thing to come around, the help defense. They got beat a lot today on wide open shots due to guys switching and not getting help on the open man. They also got beat on the boards but I don't know if they will be a strong rebounding team with 3 guards on the floor, especially against bigger teams. Just gives Cal something else to work on and I look for improvement by conference time. He has some players that can help on the boards if he chooses to go that route and the defense will get better on the help side. The freshmen can come back down to earth now but will be fine.

Last time a major conference, D1 college team scored 94 points at home and lost?

 

92 points

Did anyone see the ref jump on Briscoe for supposely throwing the ball in the second half after a foul? You could hear him say "I didn't". I love the rewinding button on live TV. You could see that it wasn't him but the big tall UCLA player.

 

If you are not sure what you saw, how can call you call that person out on doing something? He didn't see what he thought he saw. I hate when the refs assume the play.

I kept telling my friends UCLA was legit. This was easy money IMO. Didn't expect them to win but knew it would be a close game.

 

This isn't a bad loss for UK.

Season is over. No way they make the tournament. :)

UCLA's defense was WAY better than I thought it would be and Kentucky's defense was WAY worse than I thought it would be. That was the game. How many contested jump shots did Kentucky take? Seemingly every one they took.

Rebounds ...especially offensive rebounding was imo a huge factor. Although UCLA only out rebounded by a total of 3, (41-38) the Cats were at a deficit of 11 on their offensive glass, 19-30.

Monk had a good game w/ 24pts and 4-8 from 3pt. line. UCLA's experience helped them a lot in this one. I am upset with any and every loss but not as much so with this one. Should U.K. lose then I would rather it be early and to a very good team. Cal will be able to use this one as a building block / teaching opportunity and they will be better bc of this one in the future. I did like the way in down the stretch that the Cats didn't pack up and they fought for a chance to pull out a W.

Bottom line is the sky isn't falling and it's a long way until March, several tough games will be coming up and it's those games that a team gets better, not by blowing out a team with no chance and are there for their pay check.

Season is over. No way they make the tournament. :)

and ...all is right with the world. :D :thumb:

Ugly performance by UK in a lot of ways, but kudos to UCLA. They're much better than I thought.

 

Disappointed by Briscoe and Willis, in particular. Need more from those two.

 

Briscoe needs to stop trying to do too much, whereas Willis needs to be more agressive.

Rebounds ...especially offensive rebounding was imo a huge factor. Although UCLA only out rebounded by a total of 3, (41-38) the Cats were at a deficit of 11 on their offensive glass, 19-30.

Monk had a good game w/ 24pts and 4-8 from 3pt. line. UCLA's experience helped them a lot in this one. I am upset with any and every loss but not as much so with this one. Should U.K. lose then I would rather it be early and to a very good team. Cal will be able to use this one as a building block / teaching opportunity and they will be better bc of this one in the future. I did like the way in down the stretch that the Cats didn't pack up and they fought for a chance to pull out a W.

Bottom line is the sky isn't falling and it's a long way until March, several tough games will be coming up and it's those games that a team gets better, not by blowing out a team with no chance and are there for their pay check.

 

Well said. If there is such a thing, this was a "good loss" for the young cats. Now they know what it takes to beat a really good basketball team that closely matches them athletically and with size. I suspect they'll be working on blocking out at their next practice. I think their youth showed today as they seemed out of sync quite a bit and relied solely on one on one play too much.

 

But no this isn't the end of the world, it's just the beginning......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.