Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Courier-Journal's Preseason Poll

Featured Replies

1.Bowling Green-4th region.

2.Lou.Trinity-7th region.

3.Paul Dunbar-11th region.

4.Scott County-11th region

5.Covington Catholic-9th region.

6.Lou.Ballard-7th region.

7.Christian County-2nd region.

8.Fern Creek-6th region.

9.Hopkinsville-2nd region.

10.North Hardin-5th region.

11.Lou.Doss-6th region.

12.Lexington Catholic-11th region.

13.Pulaski County-12th region.

14.Cooper-9th region.

15.Pleasure Ridge Park-6th region.

16.Universty Heights-2nd region.

17.Lexington Christian-11th region.

18.Mercer County-12th region.

19.Newport Central Catholic-9th region.

20.Graves County-1st region.

21.North Laurel-13th region.

22.Franklin-Simpson-4th region.

23.South Laurel-13th region.

24.Perry County Central-14th region.

25.Bullitt East-6th region.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would have Dunbar(without Brown), and Ballard(without Sloan) a little lower and I think Lex Cath should be in the top 10. All in all I think the CJ did a very good job with this.

Perry is nowhere close to the top 25 the two boys from JBS were rule inelidigible yesterday. Perry is probably 4 in the 14th.

Bullitt East???

 

Bullitt East is always good. I question that there aren't any 8th region teams. South Oldham should at least be in there. Also, University Heights? They're always talented, but rarely win games against quality teams. Was this a coaches poll? Or just the writers?

According to the Courier-Journal website, it was a coaches poll. Every coach in the state got a ballot, 73 responded.

Bullitt East is always good. I question that there aren't any 8th region teams. South Oldham should at least be in there. Also, University Heights? They're always talented, but rarely win games against quality teams. Was this a coaches poll? Or just the writers?

 

Bullitt East lost alot of people...i just think top 25 might be a stretch for them this year

Bullitt East is always good. I question that there aren't any 8th region teams. South Oldham should at least be in there. Also, University Heights? They're always talented, but rarely win games against quality teams. Was this a coaches poll? Or just the writers?

 

I believe I read where 73 coaches statewide voted. Do not know who they were , though.

According to the Courier-Journal website, it was a coaches poll. Every coach in the state got a ballot, 73 responded.

 

If it was a coaches poll, Bullitt East makes sense. They had a very good summer. They did lose a lot statistically, but they return some kids that gained valuable experience against top competition. There's always talent in the pipeline at Bullitt East.

Bullitt East is always good. I question that there aren't any 8th region teams. South Oldham should at least be in there. Also, University Heights? They're always talented, but rarely win games against quality teams. Was this a coaches poll? Or just the writers?

 

I totally agree on South Oldham. I saw them twice in June. Looks like they reloaded from last seasons team that played at Rupp.

I like the rankings and I like where Cooper is. I think they are a little under rated in this poll, but I also believe we will see them in the top 10 EARLY in the season especially with Hendrix playing! They are going to be really, really good

Perry is nowhere close to the top 25 the two boys from JBS were rule inelidigible yesterday. Perry is probably 4 in the 14th.

 

Wow and I picked them to win the region in the contest.

I would slip my Tigers in the 25 spot since they are going to be big down low which will a lot of teams problems. They are usually in the 25-40 range in Litkenhous ratings most years so not a stretch to be optimistic and slip them in there according to my green tinted glasses.

Perry is nowhere close to the top 25 the two boys from JBS were rule inelidigible yesterday. Perry is probably 4 in the 14th.

 

You're probably right. Perry will be good but to be the region favorite they'll need to get the two big kids from June Buchanan eligible. My guess is Cordia is the top team in the 14th. They've got all their players back from last year with the exception of one starting guard who graduated. They did lose a key player to transfer to North Hardin, but he sat out last year at Cordia and didn't play for them anyway.

I'm not throwing shade but Mercer County is not a top 25 team this year. They are likely at best in the 5-7 range in the 12th Region and I think most Mercer County fans would say the same.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.