Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Courier-Journal's Preseason Poll

Featured Replies

While I am excited to see 3 Region 2 teams in the top 25, I am not sure I would put University Heights there yet. Yes, they have 2 incredible players, but until they can prove they can play defense, not sure the ranking is warranted.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Is NCC ranked so high? Didn't they lose a lot?

St. X should be in the top 25. They are huge. They will be a nightmare matchup for most teams.

I feel Harlan County could replace North or South Laurel in the Top 25 in the 13th region. I think they're the best team in that region.

I'm not throwing shade but Mercer County is not a top 25 team this year. They are likely at best in the 5-7 range in the 12th Region and I think most Mercer County fans would say the same.

 

 

I tend to agree, I do think the 12th region should have two teams though, the other being Southwestern.

While I am excited to see 3 Region 2 teams in the top 25, I am not sure I would put University Heights there yet. Yes, they have 2 incredible players, but until they can prove they can play defense, not sure the ranking is warranted.

 

Agree. No defense.

I'm not throwing shade but Mercer County is not a top 25 team this year. They are likely at best in the 5-7 range in the 12th Region and I think most Mercer County fans would say the same.

Yeah pre season polls are tough especially in the 12th region where most teams have completely different rosters from last year. I do know with our current roster we gave Scott County all they wanted this summer at the state tournament and saw Pulaski get waxed by Dunbar so who knows. It will all get figured out in the season. Right now the polls are just a guess for the most part.

Yeah pre season polls are tough especially in the 12th region where most teams have completely different rosters from last year. I do know with our current roster we gave Scott County all they wanted this summer at the state tournament and saw Pulaski get waxed by Dunbar so who knows. It will all get figured out in the season. Right now the polls are just a guess for the most part.

 

Mercer will only go as far as Trevon takes them. When I saw them this summer, they couldn't score unless it was Trevon getting the bucket.

 

Kurt Young is a really good coach BUT Coach Cook is a really good HS coach and X/O guy. He does a great job of misdirection and stuff like that in quick hitters to get kids open looks and driving angles. That's where I think Mercer will miss him the most.

Mercer will only go as far as Trevon takes them. When I saw them this summer, they couldn't score unless it was Trevon getting the bucket.

 

Kurt Young is a really good coach BUT Coach Cook is a really good HS coach and X/O guy. He does a great job of misdirection and stuff like that in quick hitters to get kids open looks and driving angles. That's where I think Mercer will miss him the most.

I agree with everything you are saying. I will still take my chances with the best player in the region and some other solid players. Mercer lacks varsity experience other than Trevon and Gillis but has some other solid players that no one has heard of yet.

I agree with everything you are saying. I will still take my chances with the best player in the region and some other solid players. Mercer lacks varsity experience other than Trevon and Gillis but has some other solid players that no one has heard of yet.
Agreed. I am looking forward to seeing how Rhyan Lanham and Jon Dunning perform and I am especially excited to watch the progress and growth of Carter Baughman.
You're probably right. Perry will be good but to be the region favorite they'll need to get the two big kids from June Buchanan eligible. My guess is Cordia is the top team in the 14th. They've got all their players back from last year with the exception of one starting guard who graduated. They did lose a key player to transfer to North Hardin, but he sat out last year at Cordia and didn't play for them anyway.

 

They also lost by far their best player Anthony Nelson, 16 points and 5 rebounds a game and had the ball in his hands 90% of the game. They also lost 6'7" Zeke Biallas who average about 3 points and 4 rebounds a game.

No teams from the 8th? Guess what? One will be at the Sweet Sixteen.

No teams from the 8th? Guess what? One will be at the Sweet Sixteen.

 

Who comes in as the 8th favorite?

Agreed. I am looking forward to seeing how Rhyan Lanham and Jon Dunning perform and I am especially excited to watch the progress and growth of Carter Baughman.

 

I prefer the Boyle backcourt of Alexander and Slone if we're looking for breakout players in the 12th.

They also lost by far their best player Anthony Nelson, 16 points and 5 rebounds a game and had the ball in his hands 90% of the game. They also lost 6'7" Zeke Biallas who average about 3 points and 4 rebounds a game.

Thanks for the clarification :thumb:. For some reason I thought Nelson was a junior last season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.