Doss 52 Highlands 32

mcpapa

Yep. A lot of seniors just played their last game ever and will have to come on here and see this!

RCC9, although as a football coach I would not recommend it, if they have been on this sight it's nothing they haven't read all season. They just need to move on 'cause real life is short.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the norm for NKY is a team that can win, but does not quite have it to win or compete for the final State game every other year. Highlands has by far recently been the most dominant NKY team that gets to the final game. If I'm wrong on that, prove it. So yes, they are now becoming part of the norm. 1,2 maybe 3 deep in the playoffs for the next few years. with this years record, I don't see them competing for a State title soon. Prove me wrong next year, because this year is in the books.

They've had these trends in their history before. No, not 1 year with a record as bad as this, but 2-3 year spans where they didn't win state and lost early. And guess what, they got it back on track. Some of you want to condem them because of a 2-3 year run. The HHS fans that have been around find that comical. We've seen this before. There are up and downs in every program. HHS just hasn't experienced as many downs. But HHS' history tells us they will be just fine.

People want to talk about "it's a new era in NKY! Teams have caught up. Let me ask you this. Is it that teams have caught up or is it that the growth in population has driven the success? The teams in NKY that are good now are in the areas that have the largest growth spurt in the state in the last ten years! So are they getting better or just finally getting enough athletes in the doors to compete? And we all know what happens when Ky schools get to a certain size. The Birds will be just fine. No one in the Fort expects it to happen overnight. But it will happen and it will happen before 99 percent of the rest of NKy. I know no one wants to hear that because they love to pile on. But history repeats itself, especially when there is trend to show it over a long period of time.

I love Dale to death, but he will even tell you. There was football and state champions at Highlands before he got there and there will be football and state champions at Highlands after he left. It's just a matter of time. Who else can say that?

RCC9, although as a football coach I would not recommend it, if they have been on this sight it's nothing they haven't read all season. They just need to move on 'cause real life is short.

Understand they have read this crap all year and I don't think they would feel they didn't deserve some of the criticism. They, more than anyone, know it's been a tough year. As HHS football players, you play with more pressure on your shoulders every game than any team in NKY! But it's a little different for 30 seniors right after their last football game ever. Just an uncalled for comment in my opinion.

I love Dale to death, but he will even tell you. There was football and state champions at Highlands before he got there and there will be football and state champions at Highlands after he left. It's just a matter of time. Who else can say that?

There WILL be football at Highlands, there MIGHT be future state champions.... we will all find out in due time.

Highlands had a rough season, it happens to the best and the rest, which has always happened. The real fans and supporters know that and that life goes on outside of the game. No doubt that Highlands has had the most success in NKY over its past, including recent past. There are several teams who have struggled over long amounts of time and still are throughout all of Kentucky. Whether or not Highlands continues to is to be determined, but my guess is that things will get better sooner than it has for plenty of others in rough spells. And to those getting enjoyment out of making fun of this, be careful of what you wish for, the struggle cycle doesn't discriminate.

There WILL be football at Highlands, there MIGHT be future state champions.... we will all find out in due time.

Yep. Time will tell. I typically go with the odds.

And my guess...all the haters will crawl back under their rocks until the next downward trend. But hey, we get it! We really do! It's hard for some of us, but we understand why it happens.

HHS just don't outwork people anymore.

I would ask "why did they ever?" Are you saying other schools have fixed that issue now?

But that's just one part of it. The biggest factor to the success is the growth. People can deny that all they want, but it's pretty simple to look at the correlation.