October 19, 20169 yr Is there any chance Marvin is fired? For the record I think they'll make the playoffs and this will be a non-issue. However, this may be the year that the North only has one participant in the playoffs. Might have to win the division.
October 19, 20169 yr Author Yes, I believe they will fire Marvin if they miss the playoffs. Really? I don't get that vibe at all.
October 19, 20169 yr The problem now is there is no one on staff I can think of to replace him as head coach. Whenever Marvin is done as head coach, the Bengals will keep him in some capacity.
October 19, 20169 yr No chance Marvin is gone. If they didn't fire him in 2010 when they won the division the year before and then went 4-12, they won't fire him now. Mike Brown is in love with this guy, he is the only one, but his voice is the only one that matters.
October 19, 20169 yr Marvin is a good guy. The issues with this team are that they were missing two of their 3 better players to start the season.
October 19, 20169 yr I do think they would fire him. Mike Brown even says when people talk about firing him after playoff losses, that it would be dumb to fire a coach who just made the playoffs. With having a team who is considered as talented still and missing the playoffs would maybe push him to fire him. Only problem is we let 3 guys go who became head coaches. 2 of them have teams who probably will be playoff teams again for second year in a row. If the Bengals fire Marvin, the guy I want is Josh Mcdaniels.
October 20, 20169 yr Is there any chance Marvin is fired? For the record I think they'll make the playoffs and this will be a non-issue. However, this may be the year that the North only has one participant in the playoffs. Might have to win the division. Agree on all those points, schedule begins to soften some from here on out and the Bengals get on a roll. Even if they don't still think Brown gives Marv another year. Whether or not both Bengals and Steelers make the playoffs probably depends on how long Ben ends up being out.
October 20, 20169 yr No way they fire him, Marvin will leave when Marvin wants to. Unless there is some unusual circumstance. Nor should they.
October 20, 20169 yr These Marvin threads remind me so much of the Dusty threads, it is crazy really. As I told LRCW a LOT back then, be careful what you ask for.
October 20, 20169 yr No way they fire him, Marvin will leave when Marvin wants to. Unless there is some unusual circumstance. Nor should they. Agree to disagree if the Bengals miss the playoffs.
October 20, 20169 yr Really? I don't get that vibe at all. Unfortunately, I don't either. Hope I'm wrong.
October 20, 20169 yr Marvin is a good guy. The issues with this team are that they were missing two of their 3 better players to start the season. I want good guys living next to me, not necessarily coaching my football team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.