October 17, 20169 yr I think the Bengals will sneak into the playoffs, too. I think they're about to go on a nice run, assuming the trip to London goes well. Bengals caught a nice break today with the Giants last minute heroics beating Baltimore, and Pitt's loss.
October 17, 20169 yr I am not near as hopeful. They are their own worst enemy. Cleveland is due. The 'skins have won four in a row, the Bills also.
October 17, 20169 yr Author I am not near as hopeful. They are their own worst enemy. Cleveland is due. The 'skins have won four in a row, the Bills also. Agree a few of these games look tougher now than they did a few weeks ago. However I truly believe they found that edge to them that they have been missing. They are a good team, and I think they start to put it together. In the nfl teams good teams go on runs. Last year the Bengals won 8 straight, and then lost 2 of 3 before Dalton even got hurt in the Steelers game. It sucks that they lost to each of the good teams they played so far. However now is a stretch of games where I think they match up well and get it figured out before their tough 3 game stretch to end the season.
October 17, 20169 yr Author I think the Bengals will sneak into the playoffs, too. I think they're about to go on a nice run, assuming the trip to London goes well. Bengals caught a nice break today with the Giants last minute heroics beating Baltimore, and Pitt's loss. The next 2 weeks are huge. Getting to the bye week at 4 and 4 would be great.
October 17, 20169 yr I said before the year they'd start off 1-5 and make the playoffs...so they are ahead of where I thought they'd be. The London game vs. Washington will be as important a game for them as they've had, this early in the season, in a few years.
October 17, 20169 yr Write this down, the Bengals are even bigger morons than we thought for extending Marvin.
October 17, 20169 yr NFL reviewing hit by Vontaze Burfict of Cincinnati Bengals on Martellus Bennett of New England Patriots
October 17, 20169 yr NFL reviewing hit by Vontaze Burfict of Cincinnati Bengals on Martellus Bennett of New England Patriots Should be suspended multiple games and fined heavily. Dirtiest play you'll see this year.
October 17, 20169 yr One difference between good teams and bad teams is that good teams are momentum-builders while bad teams are momentum-destroyers. The Bengals are momentum-destroyers Examples: Your team leads the Patriots and you have made a third down stop to get the ball back. BUT your defensive back commits a mind-numbing holding penalty and the Pats retain the ball and march down to score before halftime---Momentum-Destroyer! Again, you lead the Patriots and have just received the ball. You somehow manage to take a sack in the endzone for a safety to get the Pats within two points and they go on to add 23 more points in easy fashion---Momentum-Destroyer!!! There are many examples every single week of the Bengals doing this. They are not a good football team.
October 17, 20169 yr NFL reviewing hit by Vontaze Burfict of Cincinnati Bengals on Martellus Bennett of New England Patriots Should be suspended multiple games and fined heavily. Dirtiest play you'll see this year. I certainly thought it was intentional when I saw it; however, the color commentator stated he thought it appeared incidental as a result of Burfict losing his balance. I was a bit surprised by that. The link Jim provided also states that it could have been the result of Brady's pump fake. This also seems possible, and is more likely than the announcer's comment that Burfict lost his balance. If you watch the replay, Brady does fake to Bennett & Burfict is clearly going in for the tackle. What makes this hard to believe (aside from Burfict's reputation) is that it appears he hit Bennett early & would've been flagged for PI had the ball been thrown to Bennett. Of course, it's also possible that Burfict went at the knees maliciously.
October 17, 20169 yr I'd rather lose the next 7 and get Marvin fired. Definitely a thought. I might start caring again.
October 17, 20169 yr I've viewed this multiple times, I just cannot convince myself it was a clean play.
October 18, 20169 yr Author Should be suspended multiple games and fined heavily. Dirtiest play you'll see this year. With his rep he very well may have done it on purpose. The only thing is it was third and 3. The guy got past the sticks and Brady looked right at him and pumped faked to him. As soon as Tez saw Brady start his throwing motion was when the went straight to Bennett. He never does look back to see that Brady actually didn't throw and only pumped faked it. So I do think he thought Bennett was getting the ball. However as for hitting in his knee, he very well may have been trying to hurt him. However also he was told not to hit high anymore because of last year. With his rep though, this is a very bad look.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.