October 18, 20169 yr I certainly thought it was intentional when I saw it; however, the color commentator stated he thought it appeared incidental as a result of Burfict losing his balance. I was a bit surprised by that. The link Jim provided also states that it could have been the result of Brady's pump fake. This also seems possible, and is more likely than the announcer's comment that Burfict lost his balance. If you watch the replay, Brady does fake to Bennett & Burfict is clearly going in for the tackle. What makes this hard to believe (aside from Burfict's reputation) is that it appears he hit Bennett early & would've been flagged for PI had the ball been thrown to Bennett. Of course, it's also possible that Burfict went at the knees maliciously. There's also talk he pulled a stomp job on Blount's leg during the game.
October 18, 20169 yr There's also talk he pulled a stomp job on Blount's leg during the game. Things were chippy, particularly between Burfict & Blount so that wouldn't surprise me, but that is the first I've heard of it.
October 18, 20169 yr Things were chippy, particularly between Burfict & Blount so that wouldn't surprise me, but that is the first I've heard of it. Something that just popped up on the CBS Sports feed.
October 18, 20169 yr Since '96 a teams starting (2-4) have less than a 10% shot at the playoffs. Have they added any Wildcards since '96? Seems like they have.
October 18, 20169 yr Have they added any Wildcards since '96? Seems like they have. It's been six teams in each conference since 1990.
October 18, 20169 yr I'd rather lose the next 7 and get Marvin fired. You do realize that if they fire Marvin and bring in a new coach, Mike is just going to take back over control. Is that what you really want?
October 18, 20169 yr You do realize that if they fire Marvin and bring in a new coach, Mike is just going to take back over control. Is that what you really want? No he's not. Tobin and Katie run the show, and that's not going to change regardless of whether Marvin is there or not.
October 23, 20169 yr Author Well they gave me a scare today, but they got the first one down. Now then only need to win at least 6 more in a row lol.
October 23, 20169 yr Well they gave me a scare today, but they got the first one down. Now then only need to win at least 6 more in a row lol. Ravens lost & Pitt is currently down. Bengals need to play better than they did today if they want to win any meaningful games, but it's still a much needed win.
October 24, 20169 yr If the Ravens can somehow pull off a win next week then its a 4 way tie going into the bye for the Bengals. I'll certainly take that.
October 24, 20169 yr Have they added any Wildcards since '96? Seems like they have. At that time they had three division winners and three wildcards. Now four division winners and two wildcards.
October 25, 20169 yr You do realize that if they fire Marvin and bring in a new coach, Mike is just going to take back over control. Is that what you really want? You act like Mike has given up control. He hasn't. Also it isn't Marvin who has drafted so well, It's Duke Tobin. Marvin doesn't scout etc. he's a bit busy coaching. I don't know why so many think Marvin does the scouting etc. Duke Tobin is the man behind the turnaround and is why I scratch my head when people say to move Marvin upstairs to become GM.
October 26, 20169 yr If the Ravens can somehow pull off a win next week then its a 4 way tie going into the bye for the Bengals. I'll certainly take that. Did the Redskins forfeit?
October 26, 20169 yr Did the Redskins forfeit? Check ESPN, the United Kingdom has denied entrance into the country until the Redskins change their name...
October 26, 20169 yr Did the Redskins forfeit? But in all serious I guess I forgot to include the part about the Bengals winning too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.