Simon Kenton/Highlands Predictions

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

True no-one is beating BG or Trinity this year. I was more referring to taking ALL the NKY schools to the woodshed. I don't think that trend is ever coming back. There will be some competitive games sure, but outright running through the competition up here is not going to happen anymore. I don't know if anyone from NKY will ever win 6a state because of those two monster size privates in Louisville. The other classes have a much better chance.

He said monster size privates.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I need to act my age. Back to the topic at hand.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, did anyone on here know that Simon Kenton plays Highlands on Friday night and there is a thread for discussion about everyone's predictions for this game? No? I didn't think so either.

What do you want to talk about? Last week in the prediction thread we talked about X's uniforms.

Hey, did anyone on here know that Simon Kenton plays Highlands on Friday night and there is a thread for discussion about everyone's predictions for this game? No? I didn't think so either.

Simon wins big....their line will have their way. They will be able to run or pass withought much opposition. That is the key.

Days of dominance over, living in the past, I thought tradition was built upon not made or broke in two years. I was a firefighter for 20 years and my favorite saying from those days is "200 years of tradition unimpeded by progress". The tradition will continue but the face may change a little

Days of dominance over, living in the past, I thought tradition was built upon not made or broke in two years. I was a firefighter for 20 years and my favorite saying from those days is "200 years of tradition unimpeded by progress". The tradition will continue but the face may change a little

You have to live up to a tradition to carry it on, to say you are part of it. Right now that's not happening.

You have to live up to a tradition to carry it on, to say you are part of it. Right now that's not happening.

They are puttin on the jersey and going out there and playing. Just like they did last year and even though it was ugly at times they had a winning season and made the semi finals. Looking like a good possibility this year too. Not every successful HHS team went undefeated.

Maybe this will help everyone out a bit. I'll use UK basketball as an example. The Cats have 8 national championships in their history, 8. No one would dare say that the tradition of excellence is over at UK because they haven't won a title in 3 years and only have 8 total. So why is HHS football program not given the same tip of the hat.

They are puttin on the jersey and going out there and playing. Just like they did last year and even though it was ugly at times they had a winning season and made the semi finals. Looking like a good possibility this year too. Not every successful HHS team went undefeated.

That's my take as well. I mean they DID win a state title in 2014.

I'm still wondering if it's this particular class or if there will be some coaching changes within a year or two.

He said monster size privates.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I need to act my age. Back to the topic at hand.

Yes it true. We have monster-sized privates here in Louisville. Most people aren't happy with that because they feel that they can't measure up and that our privates are just too big to take. Personally, I think they are envious and if they want similar results they should develop their own instead of complaining about ours. It's details like that that separates the men from the boys.

I feel absolutely no shame at not acting my age. :walk:

I have been watching Highlands since 1956. They did not win every year but they have been competitive. They will be back and they won't dodge competition. Dale was an exceptional coach and a great motivator but people need to give Brian an opportunity to be his own guy and not be compared to Dale every time the Birds take a loss. We may take a loss to SK on Friday. I wonder what that will make the Birds all time against SK?

Yes it true. We have monster-sized privates here in Louisville. Most people aren't happy with that because they feel that they can't measure up and that our privates are just too big to take. Personally, I think they are envious and if they want similar results they should develop their own instead of complaining about ours. It's details like that that separates the men from the boys.

I feel absolutely no shame at not acting my age. :walk:

Well maybe if you didnt flaunt your two monster privates all the time we wouldn't have such a problem with them. After all no one wants monster privates waved in their face. If you just kept your two monster privates to yourself I bet everyone would be more appreciative of the gifts bestowed upon you.