St. X (OH)

Jacksonville Christian (FL) 6A

Madisonville (OH)

Miami Christopher Columbus (FL) 8A state runner up

Trotwood Madison (OH)

Ryle ( 11-3-0 )

Simon Kenton ( 25-2-0 )

Cooper ( 0-1-0 )

This is a list of the "cupcakes" that Highlands had to put on the schedule because some 6A schools would not play them.

I'll give Ryle some kudos for playing Highlands twice a year, because nobody else in NKY would play them.

Yawn.

Exactly. Now everyone want to play HHS because they are in a down year. Amazing how these schools now want their shot. Phone is ringing off the hook at the athletic office because everyone wants to schedule their banquet win. We will schedule better powerhouse teams first before we sign up with the teams like SK. Go ahead and get your rings made for your banquet win so you got something to celebrate. HHS has and will continue to dominate. Tradition...

What a crock. You do know that "All these schools" scheduled HHS immediatly following another HHS state title don't you?

You all continue with your excuse that everyone avoided highlands with zero proof but you're own arrogance.

No argument there. But to say they are done and won't be back is...well history says different.

In 5a you are correct. HHS will be competitive again. But not the year in year out so many elude too. I think there has been a shift in the quality of football at the other schools in the area. The 6a schools will reign as the top dogs going forward as they should. The growth of the Union area and Independence will only help Ryle, Cooper, And Simon with putting good teams together. Conner's not far behind. I've only seen Hhs three times. 2012 against Ryle (you won) and the last two of the series with a few frosh games and Jv sprinkled in. So don't be offended when you speak of your heralded tradition. It doesn't mean anything to me, maybe others and does not indicate future success anymore. In sports the present is everything while you can love and appreciate the memories, most have memories from somewhere else and they don't include HHS. Not a knock just don't expect anyone to bow or these new kids to be on awe. They don't and they are seeing success against you. Some keep spouting records against everyone. You were playing better passing football while everyone else was Owen Hauck type ball. I'm curious to see where it is in the next ten years as long as the teams keep playing. I'm not knocking your pride, you should have some about your accomplishments. Do you think that means anything to the teams on your schedule this year. Simon won't care a bit. I hope you or Cov Cath win 10 more in a row 5a. It's great for NKY to shine.

Heck, before you can go on a 10 year run, you had to have lost the year before it started. Wonder if folks back then we're telling those teams they were done?
I don't know but I'm sure there were daddy's arguing about their kid should be playing a different position or the coach is wrong etc. that just like winning titles has been a HHS tradition also lol.

j/k

We play in the big boy division. It's a little harder to win state titles when you're in with the heavy weights. How did you do against St. X?

Hey, I have no Dog in the fight. My kid played in the Bigboy 6A division and not for Highlands. The big boy division is in Louisville. The minor league of 6 A is in NKY. I really don't like Highlands but I give them a ton of respect for what they have accomplished over the years.

Exactly. Now everyone want to play HHS because they are in a down year. Amazing how these schools now want their shot. Phone is ringing off the hook at the athletic office because everyone wants to schedule their banquet win. We will schedule better powerhouse teams first before we sign up with the teams like SK. Go ahead and get your rings made for your banquet win so you got something to celebrate. HHS has and will continue to dominate. Tradition...

If we were in Ohio nobody would play you because you'd be a Harbin point sink hole. A win over you wouldn't mean much because you aren't winning enough. You're nobody's Banquet win except may Cov Cath's or Grant County. We really expected to win and it not be close.... Haha, how's that for arrogance. A win or loss really means nothing to you or us except it is the best threads and entertainment listening to some of you after a loss. Can't wait for the post game thread after this week. Happy Homecoming!

In 5a you are correct. HHS will be competitive again. But not the year in year out so many elude too. I think there has been a shift in the quality of football at the other schools in the area. The 6a schools will reign as the top dogs going forward as they should. The growth of the Union area and Independence will only help Ryle, Cooper, And Simon with putting good teams together. Conner's not far behind. I've only seen Hhs three times. 2012 against Ryle (you won) and the last two of the series with a few frosh games and Jv sprinkled in. So don't be offended when you speak of your heralded tradition. It doesn't mean anything to me, maybe others and does not indicate future success anymore. In sports the present is everything while you can love and appreciate the memories, most have memories from somewhere else and they don't include HHS. Not a knock just don't expect anyone to bow or these new kids to be on awe. They don't and they are seeing success against you. Some keep spouting records against everyone. You were playing better passing football while everyone else was Owen Hauck type ball. I'm curious to see where it is in the next ten years as long as the teams keep playing. I'm not knocking your pride, you should have some about your accomplishments. Do you think that means anything to the teams on your schedule this year. Simon won't care a bit. I hope you or Cov Cath win 10 more in a row 5a. It's great for NKY to shine.

I hear what you're saying about the here and now, but I also don't believe that two years of success against a known down time at HHS means there is no looking back now. 6a/4a schools have beat HHS in the past and then HHS has come back to dominate them again over time. You are looking through a very short period in history and coming to conclusions. And that that's fine because that's your experience. And it's fine that others don't care about HHS tradition, especially when you didn't grow up around here. But my guess is that others at those schools you mentioned that did grow up around here and have seen some down years HHS would tell you that they will be back. Because they have seen it in the past. It happens and I prefer to look at the cycle over more time than just a couple down years. If you were a data analysis person, does it make sense to look at trends over a hundred year time or a 2 year time? I'm going with the longer timeframe. You can choose to look at a very small time in the grand scheme of things and I will look at the trend over time. We just agree on how to forecast the future. I choose to use the most data available and look at past trends and you choose the here and now.

I understand that those areas continue to grow, but I also know that KY tends to build new schools instead of expanding existing schools. Ask Boone Co fans what happens when that happens.

Look, you won't find anyone that's more happy about NKY 6a being relevant again. I've been preaching that for years on here. But to say HHS won't be back in the mix and be able to compete with them is silly. They have competed with programs much better than any NkY program (even where they are now) for years and none of them ran the Owen Hauck offense.

HHS will be just fine. What people discount is that all those dominant players from the past go to school, get married, build families and several find their way back to Ft Thomas where they then send their kids to school. Again, it's a cycle. Years and years of tradition continues to fill the halls with athletes. Sometimes the years are a little depleted, but that can happen from time to time at a school half the size of Ryle and SK. But again, history is on our side.

And for the record, I haven't touted past records or accomplishments. Today it is what it is. I'm saying I have absolutely no doubt they will be back where they were. Long time fans have seen this more than once at HHS.

And I'm not discrediting the 6a teams. They have come a long way. However, I'm just not sure how we measure how far they have really come. What do we use as a measurement that tells us they have actually got significantly better? What indicators support a statement that they have arrived? Key wins, runs, etc?