Simon Kenton/Highlands Predictions

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

Mark Twain stated, "Figures don't lie but liars figure." The dreamers who think that Highlands will be even remotely close to Simon or even to getting past CovCath in the playoffs this year fit this statement well.

But Martin Luther King "...had a dream!" Can't we dream and support?

And oh my, if they do find a way to keep it close....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare someone to say something about history repeating itself and give me a reason to bring up a 10 year run!

The numbers are the here and now. 2016. This is a "What have you done for me lately" kinda world. Prior to 2016 meant nothing when the whistle blew for the opening kick on the first Friday night of the season in 2016. I could care less either way as I have no stake in the games anymore but the facts and numbers in the here and now don't lie.

Exactly my point. You never know how things are going to go. Especially if SK makes the mistake of looking past the birds. That is what I feel HHS did with Ryle looking forward to the X game and look what happened

Believe me, nobody looks past the Birds after the beatings that they handed people over the years. I would imagine Coach Marksberry would fall under this as well. He took some beatings at the hands of Highlands as a player at Holmes. I'm quite sure that he isn't forgetting that and is relishing the opportunity to give it back tenfold. And I'm here to tell you that if your contention is that Highlands looked past Ryle to X and got beat by Ryle 50-14 then if they didn't look past Ryle it would have only been 42-20. As Chris Berman and Cris Carter say, "C'MON MAN!!!"

The numbers are the here and now. 2016. This is a "What have you done for me lately" kinda world. Prior to 2016 meant nothing when the whistle blew for the opening kick on the first Friday night of the season in 2016. I could care less either way as I have no stake in the games anymore but the facts and numbers in the here and now don't lie.

True, but the fact remains (we covered this part yesterday) that when the first whistle blew in 2016 SK, highlands and most other teams out there were playing for a chance to be second. I can promise you that SK will not get any farther in the playoffs than highlands

True, but the fact remains (we covered this part yesterday) that when the first whistle blew in 2016 SK, highlands and most other teams out there were playing for a chance to be second. I can promise you that SK will not get any farther in the playoffs than highlands

SK WILL make it further in the playoffs because when Highlands meets CovCath in the playoffs CovCath WILL win. SK will either go down in the Semi's or the Finals this year HOWEVER we are not talking about the playoffs. This thread is about what will happen on Friday night in Ft. Thomas and according to the numbers this will likely be a bloodbath in favor of SK. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow rather than makes excuses like a not-to-be-named SK fan on here.

Scott County

Again, SK's average points per game is higher than Scott County's albeit by 5 points with Scott County playing one half less of football but it is what it is. Who says Lafayette doesn't shut the Cardinals down in the 2nd half. In addition, Scott County is a predominantly run team (BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS) over being a pass/run balanced team. SK is very good at both. Highlands is in trouble.

SK WILL make it further in the playoffs because when Highlands meets CovCath in the playoffs CovCath WILL win. SK will either go down in the Semi's or the Finals this year HOWEVER we are not talking about the playoffs. This thread is about what will happen on Friday night in Ft. Thomas and according to the numbers this will likely be a bloodbath in favor of SK. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow rather than makes excuses like a not-to-be-named SK fan on here.

Don't call him out, he's a lot of fun!

Again, SK's average points per game is higher than Scott County's albeit by 5 points with Scott County playing one half less of football but it is what it is. Who says Lafayette doesn't shut the Cardinals down in the 2nd half. In addition, Scott County is a predominantly run team (BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS) over being a pass/run balanced team. SK is very good at both. Highlands is in trouble.

With this, I think Scott County has played better teams up to this point in the season and there is only a 5 point difference.

Didn't say they weren't in trouble. But you were not counting the SC game in your prediction. The Scott Co game tells me they have the ability to play at a higher level than they have played the last couple weeks. Our leading rusher has played center the last two weeks with the depleted line. I have no idea if they get anyone back this week, but the Scott Co game tells us (regardless of what your algorithm says) that they can play with a team at the level of SK. And regardless of what kind of offense SC, they are at the level of SK. And running the ball down their throat is what cause them issues. Yes, SK is balanced, but each game is different too.

By no means do any of the HHS fans feel at this point in the year that HHS is ready to take down SK. Teams that seem to be going in different directions.

But what if???? Next week would be really fun around here!

Didn't you say Covcath would beat highlands last yr to? I know everyone said that for how many yrs now? Man just think if for some unknown reason the little ole bluebirds beat this POWERHOUSE 6A team I guess the world maybe coming to a end!!

With this, I think Scott County has played better teams up to this point in the season and there is only a 5 point difference.

SC's opponent's records are a combined 14-9. This includes Elder which probably gives Scott County a leg up for a bit BUT SK'S opponent's records are a combined 15-8. So opponents records are pretty similar. The best opponents for Scott County have been Lafayette and Elder and they wussied out of the Lafayette game but that is a different thread. The best opponents for SK have been Conner and Cooper with Ryle coming up. I think the schedule strength is pretty similar. Hopefully we find out head to head and can put this all to rest. Right now I'm going back to predicting a beat down for the little blue birds on Friday night.

Didn't you say Covcath would beat highlands last yr to? I know everyone said that for how many yrs now? Man just think if for some unknown reason the little ole bluebirds beat this POWERHOUSE 6A team I guess the world maybe coming to a end!!

Already more people voting for the birds to win than the last two weeks combined. Do people know something? A change in the breeze? It's going to be hot at least SK will have an excuse!

Didn't say they weren't in trouble. But you were not counting the SC game in your prediction. The Scott Co game tells me they have the ability to play at a higher level than they have played the last couple weeks. Our leading rusher has played center the last two weeks with the depleted line. I have no idea if they get anyone back this week, but the Scott Co game tells us (regardless of what your algorithm says) that they can play with a team at the level of SK. And regardless of what kind of offense SC, they are at the level of SK. And running the ball down their throat is what cause them issues. Yes, SK is balanced, but each game is different too.

By no means do any of the HHS fans feel at this point in the year that HHS is ready to take down SK. Teams that seem to be going in different directions.

But what if???? Next week would be really fun around here!

Can you imagine BGP friday night if Highlands wins? Man it could make for great entertainment.