Simon Kenton/Highlands Predictions

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

I hear what you're saying about the here and now, but I also don't believe that two years of success against a known down time at HHS means there is no looking back now. 6a/4a schools have beat HHS in the past and then HHS has come back to dominate them again over time. You are looking through a very short period in history and coming to conclusions. And that that's fine because that's your experience. And it's fine that others don't care about HHS tradition, especially when you didn't grow up around here. But my guess is that others at those schools you mentioned that did grow up around here and have seen some down years HHS would tell you that they will be back. Because they have seen it in the past. It happens and I prefer to look at the cycle over more time than just a couple down years. If you were a data analysis person, does it make sense to look at trends over a hundred year time or a 2 year time? I'm going with the longer timeframe. You can choose to look at a very small time in the grand scheme of things and I will look at the trend over time. We just agree on how to forecast the future. I choose to use the most data available and look at past trends and you choose the here and now.

I understand that those areas continue to grow, but I also know that KY tends to build new schools instead of expanding existing schools. Ask Boone Co fans what happens when that happens.

Look, you won't find anyone that's more happy about NKY 6a being relevant again. I've been preaching that for years on here. But to say HHS won't be back in the mix and be able to compete with them is silly. They have competed with programs much better than any NkY program (even where they are now) for years and none of them ran the Owen Hauck offense.

HHS will be just fine. What people discount is that all those dominant players from the past go to school, get married, build families and several find their way back to Ft Thomas where they then send their kids to school. Again, it's a cycle. Years and years of tradition continues to fill the halls with athletes. Sometimes the years are a little depleted, but that can happen from time to time at a school half the size of Ryle and SK. But again, history is on our side.

And for the record, I haven't touted past records or accomplishments. Today it is what it is. I'm saying I have absolutely no doubt they will be back where they were. Long time fans have seen this more than once at HHS.

And I'm not discrediting the 6a teams. They have come a long way. However, I'm just not sure how we measure how far they have really come. What do we use as a measurement that tells us they have actually got significantly better? What indicators support a statement that they have arrived? Key wins, runs, etc?

That's a fair response. I get your points.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH]58071[/ATTACH]

Current 6a

What does this mean? SK and Ryle at the top. That's all I see. But when I look at these, I look at wins over good teams. Are there any on that list for those two? And will we know if they good before playoffs?

What does this mean? SK and Ryle at the top. That's all I see. But when I look at these, I look at wins over good teams. Are there any on that list for those two? And will we know if they good before playoffs?

Henry Clay I think was our best win against some talent out of district. We won't know till playoffs if Ryle or Sk is capable at making a run. We do play each other. That's just bragging rights. I hope who everyone who comes out of each ditrict in each class in NKY makes a run at the finals. I think 6a has to tow a harder road. Sincerely good luck to all.

SK stats:

Racke 51/82 62% 751 yards 9 tds, 325 yards rushing 4 tds and 1 catch for 6 yards

Shearer 484 yards 5 tds and 2 rushing tds

Hampton 336 yards rushing 6 tds and 4 catches 64 yards

Sergent 289 yards 11.1 yards a carry 2 tds and 1 receiving td

Murray 20 catches 259 yards 2 tds

Vance 16 catches 234 yards 3 tds and 56 yards rushing 2 tds

Hayden 13 catches 333 yards 5 tds

Green 4 catches 57 yards 1 td

Cottrell 5 catches 168 yards 1 td

Kincaid 24 tackles and 2 ints

Jackson 35 tackles 1 int

Trattles 2 ints 10 tackles

Mitchell 1 int 15 tackles

Cooper 3 ints 18 tackles

Rider 35 tackles

Carter 54 tackles 2 sacks

Ball 26 tackles 2 sacks

Mueller 18 tackles

Pompilio 17 tackles

Ryle beat CovCath soundly and SK beat St X, albeit in a scrimmage. They smoked CAL. Conner is better than we think right now.

Ryle beat CovCath soundly and SK beat St X, albeit in a scrimmage. They smoked CAL. Conner is better than we think right now.

I understand that. But we really have no idea how good any of those teams are except X. And SK beat X last year in a scrimmage and As it turned out, they weren't better than them last year. So I don't put a lot into that scrimmage at all. Most big teams aren't playing the scrimmage to win and could care less what the outcome is.

I think Ryle and SK are pretty darn good. Just wish we had a couple of true tests.

I understand that. But we really have no idea how good any of those teams are except X. And SK beat X last year in a scrimmage and As it turned out, they weren't better than them last year. So I don't put a lot into that scrimmage at all. Most big teams aren't playing the scrimmage to win and could care less what the outcome is.

I think Ryle and SK are pretty darn good. Just wish we had a couple of true tests.

It really hard to judge year to year how these teams will be. Ryle and SK are both true contenders this year. SK had a pretty good test in the Conner game, Conner is a lot better than anyone gives them credit. It's a shame that HHS isn't what they have proven to be in the past but a lot of the NKY teams go through bad stretches, look at Boone County.

It really hard to judge year to year how these teams will be. Ryle and SK are both true contenders this year. SK had a pretty good test in the Conner game, Conner is a lot better than anyone gives them credit. It's a shame that HHS isn't what they have proven to be in the past but a lot of the NKY teams go through bad stretches, look at Boone County.

Boone County's bad stretch may last a long long long LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG Time.

NKY 6A has come a long way.

Not all that many years ago Ryle came to Mason County for a scrimmage. Much of the chatter from the Raider fans in the stands was about how mean and rough Mason County was. Fast-forward a decade later and they're thumping the likes of HHS.

Will Simon Kenton do the same? Will HHS regroup? We will know in a few days.

I'm with you. I wish HHS was similar to the levels in the past because then we could really get a read on these teams. I'm not saying that from the HHS perspective, I'm saying it because I am eager to really see how good they are. I want to really get behind them, but am still a little leery to be all in! lol!

I know Conner is better than we thought. But are they? That's what I'm getting at. When they all play each other and don't really play any really good out of this area comp, it's really hard to tell if our area is really good or just average. It's not a knock on any of those teams, it's just a hesitancy to label them until we know. But as FTN says, we may not know for sure til deep in the playoffs.

NKY 6A has come a long way.

Not all that many years ago Ryle came to Mason County for a scrimmage. Much of the chatter from the Raider fans in the stands was about how mean and rough Mason County was. Fast-forward a decade later and they're thumping the likes of HHS.

Will Simon Kenton do the same? Will HHS regroup? We will know in a few days.

I think everyone will be shocked if its NOT a running clock at the SK vs HHS game. The real question is can HHS recover and salvage anything from this season?

Seems to be a combo of the NKY 6A schools hitting their stride(great to see) and HHS not playing as everyone comes to expect. No excuses here, everyone has got to get better to quite the naysayers. That's players, coaches, and parents(apparently)!