Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Concession Food!

Featured Replies

Louisville Central. Grilled chops and burgers and a really, really good fried fish sandwich.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe all of the schools in the Bardstown area — Bethlehem, Thomas Nelson, Nelson Co. and Bardstown — use the Boone's Butcher Shop grub rub marinated pork chops. Fantastically good.

 

I would put the Tiger grill at football games that is run by the baseball team against any in the state. Marinated pork chop sandwiches and pork burgers.

 

The Tigers also have a hell of a pre-game tailgate, their grillmaster is awesome. Today he did burgers, dogs, and brats, but also teriyaki chicken skewers and grilled jalapeno wrapped in bacon and cream cheese. The fact that he is devilishly good-looking also helps.

Louisville Central. Grilled chops and burgers and a really, really good fried fish sandwich.

 

I was wondering how many posts before you brought this one up. :lol2:

Kettle Corn at Simon Kenton

 

The burgers and Chik-fil-a sandwiches.

I was wondering how many posts before you brought this one up. :lol2:

 

I didn't start the topic, but I have to put Cental on the board. Their concessions ARE that good. :D

I would put the Tiger grill at football games that is run by the baseball team against any in the state. Marinated pork chop sandwiches and pork burgers.

 

The Tigers also have a hell of a pre-game tailgate, their grillmaster is awesome. Today he did burgers, dogs, and brats, but also teriyaki chicken skewers and grilled jalapeno wrapped in bacon and cream cheese. The fact that he is devilishly good-looking also helps.

 

Had me of those before halftime. Gave me the necessary fuel to keep this diesel engine trucking during a crazy Ky Bourbon Festival week.

 

And who is this handsome fellow you keep talking about? I feel like I need to meet him. :D

I'm probably biased, but Lexington Catholic has really good burgers and hot dogs.

Louisville Central. Grilled chops and burgers and a really, really good fried fish sandwich.

 

Any conversation about concession foods starts and ends on Muhammad Ali Boulevard. :thumb:

Not going to find a better $2.00 burger anywhere better than Beechwood. The sucker is twice as big as the bun. Wait, might have been $2.50 (not sure)!

Warren Central has the best popcorn I've ever had at any sporting event.

In Trigg Co. a few years ago a church group I believe, with the name of Genesis, had the best ribeye sandwiches I've ever had. My dad and I bought three to take home, but I don't think any made it into our home.

@Randy Parker you wanna handle this one?

Kettle Corn at Simon Kenton

 

Maybe because I had heard so much about this that it could never live up to expectations but....it didn't. It was "just" kettle corn. I do appreciate the effort put in by the team that makes it but...

Tailgate area at Mayfield!!!!!

Ribeye sandwiches at Marion Co are excellent.

Tenderloin at Nicholas Co is the best and melts in your mouth! Plus Mrs. Jane makes some great popcorn and if you have room, her homemade chili sauce is good on nachos and hot dogs. Sounds like a good supper the next 2 Friday nights for me!!!

Highlands no longer has fresh grilled burgers and went to some sort of microwaved thing. I can't give a recommendation for it. Where's TIB on the grill when you need him?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.