Trinity 37 Male 34

TheDeuce

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a huge test for both teams. T won and Male moves forward with obvious things to correct. Nothing wrong with that.

The margin only matters here on a message board where 80% took T. I'm sure not many of those thought it would be this close

Any idea how many Male supporters are on BGP regularly? That probably has a lot to do with this.

Halftime adjustments were the difference, defense stop the long passes and the offense went to grinding the ball. Male threw the kitchen sink at T in this first match, but I doubt they will get away with that if there is a rematch.

Not per a Male coach I ran into on the way home. Last Male drive of the first half, the Male QB whacked his hand on a helmet. The pain and swelling caused long passes to no longer be and option.

Male's 1st half scoring drives were very short so their D had too play lots of snaps on a very hot night. That is why their D got tired in 2nd half and Trinity was able to run on them.

I didn't like Male's fake punt because the punter didn't line up deep enough to signal a punt was comng.

Male's D had an entire half time break plus an extra 6 minutes to rest in the third Q while Male's O made a brilliant drive to the end zone. So don't give me the they were tired in the 4Q and that is why T moved the ball on them. T got smart and just saddled up and ran over Male for 6.5 yards per carry on the night.

Not per a Male coach I ran into on the way home. Last Male drive of the first half, the Male QB whacked his hand on a helmet. The pain and swelling caused long passes to no longer be and option.

So the long passes were there even in the second half, but the QB's hand was hurt, and that's why Male lost.

Please explain the difference

Pretty simple....you saw Ky's defense the 2nd half against So. Miss. They weren't out-conditioned...they were gassed by guys that were fresher because of depth and substitution patterns and overpowered the questionably matched abilities of UK. Male, with their conditioning emphasis, will likely never meet a team in better condition. Unless you saw Coach Wolfe's practices, you arguably might never understand.