Trinity 37 Male 34

TheDeuce

Wow, what a game. Male definitely exploited our secondary, wr's running wide open all over the place in the first half, Rocks tightened it up in the second half. Turnovers definitely killed the Rocks as well, turned it over 3X in the first half, not good. So to me the Rocks can get more seperation in the playoffs if they shore up the secondary & eliminate the turnovers, will it happen? Who knows but we'll definitely see a rematch, fun game to watch! Way to go Rocks!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scintillating game..........over-capacity crowd. Rocks come back late from a 34-21 deficit to get the win. I saw Male in their first games vs. Floyd Central (Indiana) and their passing game has improved immeasurably. Coach Wolfe is a very, very good coach. The Trinity-Male rivalry has developed into a humdinger. Male's first loss in about 18 games, I'd think.

Impressed with Male.

But doubly impressed with Trinity given what Male threw at them. Onside kicks (3x), fake punt, deep throws, costly turnovers.

Trinity took over the game in 2nd half at LOS and ran it down Male's throat. Impressed that Beatty abandoned the pass and ran right at Male to wear them down.

Impressed with Male.

But doubly impressed with Trinity given what Male threw at them. Onside kicks (3x), fake punt, deep throws, costly turnovers.

Trinity took over the game in 2nd half at LOS and ran it down Male's throat. Impressed that Beatty abandoned the pass and ran right at Male to wear them down.

Glad he's OUR GUY -- wouldn't trade him

I did not expect the game to be this close. Looks like the two top KY teams will face off in the playoffs (championship) game again.

How do you figure that?

Male and Trinity rematch (if it happens) will happen in the semi-state and they are clearly and without a doubt the 2 best teams in 6A.

Winner of that game will dismantle whoever survives the junior circuit.

This was a huge test for both teams. T won and Male moves forward with obvious things to correct. Nothing wrong with that.

The margin only matters here on a message board where 80% took T. I'm sure not many of those thought it would be this close

No, but the 80% were still correct regardless of their personal score prediction. (Mine was 52-17) lol

Nice to see this rivalry get good again. I can't remember it being this good since the Bush/Brohm days....
The renewed competitiveness is a good thing. I do not hear the "separationists" wanting the "privates" tossed into a league of their own.

The final margin of victory was not nearly what I expected. The fact the Rocks did not crumble when trailing by thirteen in the second half is a huge positive.

I also appreciated the Male student section keeping their chants clean. "Daddy's money" always strikes me as funny. The same people the chant refers to are also generating the tax dollars to keep Male in existence. You are welcome!