Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County vs Madison Central Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Madison Central Varsity beat Boyle's Varsity 16-3. Boyle needs a lot of work, but you could expect that losing 19 seniors. Madison Central might suprise some teams this year. Boyle Freshman Reese Smith is gonna be a STUD!

The first half of the season is going to be tough for Boyle County.

Madison Central Varsity beat Boyle's Varsity 16-3. Boyle needs a lot of work, but you could expect that losing 19 seniors. Madison Central might suprise some teams this year. Boyle Freshman Reese Smith is gonna be a STUD!

 

Not just Smith but Wilson Kelley also. It would not surprise me if they both are starting by the middle of the season. But I do agree that the Rebels need some work. I will be the first to say that it would not be shock me if the Rebels open up the season 1-3 or 0-4. But we all know Chuck and what he can do with a team, so anything is possible.

You are going to see many of the younger kids playing a much larger role on this team starting with next week. Reese smith must be on the field both ways most of the time. Offense was a little disappointing, but you can expect that with a lot of new faces and trying to use two QBs. Crawford has to be in the backfield. He runs forward every time, many times making something out of nothing. Defense was pretty good with the exception of those two pass plays. JVs looked good. We have many good young players and two exceptional freshmen QBs. I thought overall Tiller played pretty well in spite of some missed blocking assignments with his protection breaking down. I think our receivers will be very good and can run after the catch. We do have speed in those spots.

Any comments/thoughts on Central? I'm expecting them to be pretty solid this season.

This might be the season that Danville gets a win and restores hope in the rivalry.

This might be the season that Danville gets a win and restores hope in the rivalry.

 

I agree.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet because this very young and inexperienced Boyle team lost to a veteran 6A team where the game was closer than the final score indicated. I will say if Danville doesn't win this year, it will be some time before they have as good an opportunity. There is no reason yet to think they are better than Boyle. These kids will have two more games to get experience and improve before they even have to think about Danville.

6A is a whole different animal folks and from what I have heard most of their SR's played a lot if not started as freshman.

Danville beat 5A Anderson tonight 20-14

I rode over and watched Boyle for the first time since last year and if Boyle can find some offense they will be fine. I heard like mentioned above that Crawford looked like he could have earned getting some carries in the backfield. The offensive line also struggled with the exception of Bramel. I agree with the earlier comment the 2 freshman looked great. Smith is the most athletic kid I've seen at Boyle in a long time. Paycheck is strong on the def line along with the freshman Kelley. Those 2 up front on D line would be nice and they both have size but the freshman is huge and takes a lot of space in the middle. I wouldn't be surprised to see changes in the line up after a poor performance in the scrimmage before next Saturday night. Like some said earlier it will be tough early with the schedule but Smith will have them ready by playoffs.

I've been hearing a lot of this Reese Smith kid in and out of this forum. Sounds like he has a bright future!

Madison has a nice QB and a great kicker.

 

From the Boyle side, I think the scrimmage went about as expected. Boyle has many improvement needs but I expect them to meet the challenge and be a strong playoff team by end of season.

 

I predict you could see just a many FR/SO on the field as JR/SR by year end. The Freshman class is as good (and mature) as advertised and there are several Sophomores who will be given plenty of chances to be successful on both sides of the ball.

I've been hearing a lot of this Reese Smith kid in and out of this forum. Sounds like he has a bright future!

 

In football and basketball. He is poised to be the next great athlete to walk the halls of Boyle County. He will be a lot of fun to watch the next four years!!!! Get your popcorn ready!!!!

As long as I can remember under Coach smith, Boyle rarely had great performances in the scrimmages. I also don't remember them not scoring a touchdown either. They don't prep for it like a game. They briefly cover the other team a day or 2 before the scrimmage and that's it. They only run their basic plays on offense and base D. Not many stunts or gimmick plays. I do agree with the other posts on here that BC will take its lumps early. If the upperclassmen don't respond well to the losses then it'll be on the younger classes to take the reins to gear up for a deep run in 2017 & 2018 or maybe surprise us with a decent run this season. I'm still excited for the season to start regardless of the not overly bright predictions!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.