Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you rather take a guaranteed $100k or a 50/50 chance at $1 million?

$100k guaranteed or 50/50 chance at $1 million? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. $100k guaranteed or 50/50 chance at $1 million?

    • Guaranteed $100,000
      44%
    • 50/50 chance at $1 million
      55%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Last week I'd have flipped the coin without thinking. This week I'm taking the 100K without thinking. Life comes at you fast.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all in on the million. 100K is a nice chunk, but not life altering.

$1 Mil is not a lot of money either. I witnessed over $1MM shrink to nearly nothing on the last downturn of the market when my father retired at the wrong time and maybe a bit to early.

Can't blame him for doing it though. Mom was diagnosed with Lymphoma and he wanted to spend time with her.

50% chance at a million? That's an awfully tough call, but I think I'm going for it.

I think I roll the dice. The way I see it, a 50/50 chance at $1M is worth more than $100K.

 

Granted, I might sing a different tune if I was going to get to pay real bills with real money and not answering a hypothetical. :lol2:

I'd take that 100K and add it to my pile and it would grow.

 

It would be worth about $1M in 25 years at 10% per year.

Take the 100K. There's no such thing as an even chance. :lol2: That amount would pay off everything but about 1/4 of what I owe in my house.

I wish I could be like some of you and say (basically) 100K isn't anything if you have a chance at a million. For ME, even 100K would be life changing. By that, I mean, I'd not have to worry about finances again. I'd have to keep working, yeah..But I don't mind that. Just knowing I owed no one or owed very little would be a huge weight off my mind.

I wish I could be like some of you and say (basically) 100K isn't anything if you have a chance at a million. For ME, even 100K would be life changing. By that, I mean, I'd not have to worry about finances again. I'd have to keep working, yeah..But I don't mind that. Just knowing I owed no one or owed very little would be a huge weight off my mind.

 

My thing is your base is you dont have either, so why not go for the max amount.

My thing is your base is you dont have either, so why not go for the max amount.

 

See, my thing is, I've been in the direst of straits before....and I've had the rug yanked out from under me and had to start over too many times. I'm going safe every day. Life isn't too fun when taking too big of risks. Take the safe route and use as a foundation to build upon. That's my thing.

Edited by rockmom
Egregious misspelling

See, my thing is, I've been in the forest of straits before....and I've had the rug yanked out from under me and had to start over too many times. I'm going safe every day. Life isn't too fun when taking too big of risks. Take the safe route and use as a foundation to build upon. That's my thing.

 

I think if I was older I would take the 100k... And I agree with you, that amount would be life changing as well. But even at my age, a million ends my financial worries for good. 100k doesn't.

It would be worth about $1M in 25 years at 10% per year.

 

10% ROI? I might fire my guy and meet with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.