What's on your plate for today?

newarkcatholicfan

I've got a side hustle tending bar for a Kentucky Derby party. Getting paid to party. :banana:

Really loud blazer and fedora. 1 each.

Bourbons on the back bar. 30.

Cigars on hand. 100.

Julep cups. 200.

Knowing the lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home." Priceless.

I've got a side hustle tending bar for a Kentucky Derby party. Getting paid to party. :banana:

Really loud blazer and fedora. 1 each.

Bourbons on the back bar. 30.

Cigars on hand. 100.

Julep cups. 200.

Knowing the lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home." Priceless.

I used to do this years ago with one of my friends. His dad hosts a derby party every year and would pay the two of us $100 to work it and then Jay and I would split the tips. We would usually pull a few hundred dollars a piece along with the free food and drinks. It was always a good time.

How'd you make out. Have a friend looking for a better "handicapper" for next year's Derby. ;)

I didn't do well on the derby, but my buddy hit the trifecta paid $141 I think. We had a good afternoon yesterday though.

I hit the tri on the first race we watched at Belterra, then just missed the super on 2 races we bet from different tracks. We hit a couple small bets along the way, but then both picked up over $400 on slot machines inside.

• 2 weeks later...
Tough life - don't worry - us Millennials will hold it down while you're off living the good life, ya old goat.

I appreciate the help. I put in my time, worked hard. Time to make the most of my life and enjoy the fruits of my efforts. Cheers!!