Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's on your plate for today?

Featured Replies

Check-Took my Muttley Crew for a 2 mile walk first thing this morning at Cherokee Park

Check-Came home, fed the dogs, watered my herbs and plants on my front porch

Not Checked-Started to clean up the house

Back to this-Am now lying on the couch listening to the Muttley Crew snore and feeling such a sense of contentment.

Not Checked-Will eventually be cleaning up the house.

Postponed till tomorrow when my little helper will be here to assist-Definitely making some dog treats for the week.

-Not Checked-Need to run get a few things from the grocery.

In process-Will be doing laundry.

Check-I hope to do some yard work, but that's iffy at this point.

Not checked-May manage to lop off some low tree branches though.

Still on the agenda-And I'll end the day meeting some friends for dinner at Gospel Bird in New Albany.

 

Argh! I'm running behind!

  • Replies 617
  • Views 136.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tomorrow morning I start back at the gym. Since December I’d have a good couple weeks or so then something comes up and derails me mentally or physically. I’m going with a 4 day upper/lower split. I w

  • I normally brave the cold with my workouts but between the temp and the winds yesterday I opted for something new.  I did one of the workouts on Amazon Prime, it was a woman on the beach and I did her

  • Yesterday 12 hour work day, 100 sit-ups, 100 various ab excercises at lunch. Walked 2 miles on my afternoon break and ran 2 miles last night. Had to suck up the weather. This morning hit the gym, goin

Posted Images

Speaking of on my plate.

 

Turkey, bacon and tomato sandwiches with homemade avocado spread. Corn on the cob from the farmer's market. Sweets from Magee's bakery.

Spent the day kayaking the Caney Creek area of Grayson Lake. Awesome trip, one of my favorite places to kayak.

Worked my regular job starting at 6:45, then went to the bar and got my tail kicked for 6 solid hours waiting tables. Had a group of 10 older ladies come in to the patio who had been strolling and shopping downtown come in later in the shift.

 

Barely got their drinks to them and their food order in before one of the ladies — severe diabetic — starts bottoming out from either heat/humidity, eating too early or exercising too much, or all of the above. Had seen it many times with my grandfather. Got her some fried apples to hopefully help get her sugar back up, but she was in a bad way at that point, not wanting to eat and being fussy. EMS came and took her to the hospital for what I assume must have been an IV of sugar solution to help her balance out. I felt so awful for her and her friends, who for some reason apologized to me.

 

Best part: EMS brings her back in less than a half hour, and she finishes her cheeseburger. Only complaint was that the ice in her tea had melted. It was great to see her have her wits about her again. She also apologized, but had no reason to. Should've made her a fresh burger. What a trouper!

 

Now, it's Jim time. I've had a couple beers, and my buddy's had ribs cooking for several hours. Better walk over there …

Dinner at Blue Licks SRP.

Errands at Home Depot, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply and Southern States with Mr. Cat. Came home and farmed a bit. Painted a shed while drinking many adult beverages and now fixing dinner while drying some fresh basil just picked from the greenhouse. Laundry night as well. We were going to go fishing but kid #2 took our quad so possibly a brush fire. Weekends on the Compound are the best!

Went to Cap City this morning for a fundraiser, then slid over to see Mentschie and his boy at their soccer match, really enjoyed that.

 

Finished Last Chance U on Netflix this afternoon and was lazy most of the evening. Washed the car and now grabbing a bite at McAlister's.

Sunday: sleep in, watch golf, race , and the Reds then grab some dinner and then play poker.

Walked the dogs and back home. They're fed and napping now. The son aND family will be coming today, and my oldest grandaughter and I plan to make dog treats together. Still need to do my grocery shopping and work on those tree limbs.

Dinner at Blue Licks SRP.

 

Awe man, wish I had known, wifey and I were about 10 minutes from there last night.

Awe man, wish I had known, wifey and I were about 10 minutes from there last night.

 

Funny thing about going over there. You almost always meet someone you know. Last night:

 

Parents and grandparents of one of my daughter's classmates.

 

One of my wife's former co-workers.

 

Current Grand Master of the Kentucky IOOF (I'm in a much more subordinate position in the Odd Fellows).

 

 

You would have made it a cycle.

Funny thing about going over there. You almost always meet someone you know. Last night:

 

Parents and grandparents of one of my daughter's classmates.

 

One of my wife's former co-workers.

 

Current Grand Master of the Kentucky IOOF (I'm in a much more subordinate position in the Odd Fellows).

 

 

You would have made it a cycle.

 

We will have to plan a night one night, inlaws live over in Myers station.

  • Author

Have to walk over to my sisters and take two desk that her soon to be ex-husband has screwed into the wall. They will be going out to the dumpster.

 

Household chores and a cardio workout.

Enjoyed a great date night with Mrs. C1 on Friday. Had planned on a fantastic afternoon yesterday and evening at a graduation party and then wedding with old friends until my back "literally went out!"

 

That was a first and royally sucked...family went on without me and I re-couped with ice, ibuprofen, and season 2 of "Life Free or Die" with a few coldies. Very cool show btw regarding uses of resources and living off the land with minimal modern conveniences.

 

Tonight, back to work...t-minus three more shifts on 3rds. Really looking forward to working during the day again! :thumb: Have a great rest of the weekend folks...

 

P.S. And the food on the plate was very nice ;)

Back to work after a week off!

Emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.