Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper's Sean McNeil Picks Up Offer

Featured Replies

If it wasn't for offense I would play defense.

 

Offense sells the tickets, defense wins the game.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If McNeil shows the level of athleticism many on this board feel he has, then his recruiting picks up significantly.

 

I could see coaches questioning whether he can play guard at the D-II level. He is a bigger kid who had to defend the post a lot last year given Cooper's lack of a true "big."

 

I think he is a good enough athlete - and player - to play at a school like Bellarmine and average 10-12 pts/game by the time he graduates. He could score 20/game at a D-III school.

 

He could go lower-level D-I - not sure he is athletic enough - or a good enough shooter - to succeed at the D-I level. I would think he'd get a look from WKy - can he really get up and down the court and shoot it well enough to fit at that type of school?

Couldn't disagree more with the bolded. Not sure what DI teams you've been watching but Sean definitely can shoot with the DI boys.
Couldn't disagree more with the bolded. Not sure what DI teams you've been watching but Sean definitely can shoot with the DI boys.

 

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

2

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

What were Hawkins and Beals numbers from the field in HS? 3 pt % etc.

 

I'm simply asking because I don't know.

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

 

Last year is last year and he played with a couple of injuries. If you're not a believer, swing by Griffin Elite on a Thursday night and watch him in the men's league and see if he's shooting well enough to be D1. You might just have a different opinion when you leave.

My assumption is most people can shoot at D1. I could be wrong. The difference maker is whether a player can defend. If he is D1, then he must be a 2. Can he guard a D1-2 guard? There is no debate on that. Can he guard a D2 - 2 guard? More likely.

  • Author
My assumption is most people can shoot at D1. I could be wrong. The difference maker is whether a player can defend. If he is D1, then he must be a 2. Can he guard a D1-2 guard? There is no debate on that. Can he guard a D2 - 2 guard? More likely.

 

I do not agree that most people can shoot/score at the D1 level.

My assumption is most people can shoot at D1. I could be wrong. The difference maker is whether a player can defend. If he is D1, then he must be a 2. Can he guard a D1-2 guard? There is no debate on that. Can he guard a D2 - 2 guard? More likely.

 

Would think he guarded several D1 2 guards this summer with Hoop Dreams.

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

 

Per your opinion/requirements then there are zero D-1 players in Kentucky.

Per your opinion/requirements then there are zero D-1 players in Kentucky.

 

Let's look at the #'s after the season. I still feel 55% overall/50% from 3 are good lead indicators.

 

How many KY HS players went D-I last year?

 

How many landed in NCAA tourney programs?

 

I am curious about the hard #'s - there is a degree of credibility that accompanies high D-I program player evaluation and recruiting.

Last year is last year and he played with a couple of injuries. If you're not a believer, swing by Griffin Elite on a Thursday night and watch him in the men's league and see if he's shooting well enough to be D1. You might just have a different opinion when you leave.

 

I heard he dropped about 50 last Thursday, Now I've always been a McNeil fan and I've only coached against him. I truly believe he is the best player in NKY with unlimited upside.

The games I saw him play last year he didn't make a lot of shots. Great mechanics but the ball didn't go in the basket.

 

Just going by the productivity I saw - if anyone has his shooting stats from last year it would be helpful.

 

IMO D-I kids should be shooting 55-60% in high school owing to the talent advantage they have over HS talent in general. Guards should be shooting 50+% from 3. Those #'s could come down depending on level of competition - but a D-I guy should be extremely/consistently productive at the HS level.

 

I'm a huge McNeil fan - the better he shoots it the higher level college ball he can play.

 

Honestly, how many games did you see him in? He may not have sank every jump shot he took, but there's so much more to his game and the game itself than jump shot shooting percentages. I'm pretty sure the DI schools that are interested have seen him (and his jump shot) on the AAU circuit, which in my opinion is much more competitive that HS ball.

You can see Sean McNeil and Cooper High School play in the King of the Bluegrass…December 16-21, 2016 at Fairdale High School.

I haven't seen this young man play, I think he was hurt some last season. If this is the young man from Cooper that I see working out at a local gym, and he is as good as I have been told then the team that he signs for is getting a steal. I don't see many kids working as hard as he has during the off season. He has a good frame that still needs to fill out some. When it does he will be a force. I can see him playing a 2 or 3 at a mid major. Looks a lot like the Baker kid from Wichita State as a freshman . I can see a huge upside for this kid .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.