Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper's Sean McNeil Picks Up Offer

Featured Replies

If McNeil shows the level of athleticism many on this board feel he has, then his recruiting picks up significantly.

 

I could see coaches questioning whether he can play guard at the D-II level. He is a bigger kid who had to defend the post a lot last year given Cooper's lack of a true "big."

 

I think he is a good enough athlete - and player - to play at a school like Bellarmine and average 10-12 pts/game by the time he graduates. He could score 20/game at a D-III school.

 

He could go lower-level D-I - not sure he is athletic enough - or a good enough shooter - to succeed at the D-I level. I would think he'd get a look from WKy - can he really get up and down the court and shoot it well enough to fit at that type of school?

 

So you think that he would average more in D3 than he does in high school?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy should be happy with him. They had a good year last year.

Interesting stat about McNeil. His 3pt % is higher than his 2 pt %.

I didn't get a chance to see him play last year. Is he a legitimate 6'4"?

 

It is Chris McNeil that averages higher from 3 pt range than 2 pt not Sean.

So you think that he would average more in D3 than he does in high school?

 

Yes - D-III ball is becoming a 3 point shooting track meet - and it's 40 minutes vs. 32 he plays now. He'd get 2x the shots he takes in a Cooper game, against roughly the same competition.

It is Chris McNeil that averages higher from 3 pt range than 2 pt not Sean.

 

2014/15 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

Please see this link. 48.1 combined 2's and 3's and 48.7 from behind the arc.

Chris took 2 shots last year in 3 games.

2014/15 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

Please see this link. 48.1 combined 2's and 3's and 48.7 from behind the arc.

Chris took 2 shots last year in 3 games.

 

Last season was 2015/16 not 2014/15. No big deal. Congratulations to the kid.

Hardworking kid that is a lot of fun to watch!! Congrats!!

Last season was 2015/16 not 2014/15. No big deal. Congratulations to the kid.

 

2015/16 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

 

Yup you are correct. That was 2 years ago, still his 2pt % is very close to his 3pt % this past year. Can't wait to see him this year and hopefully I'll get a chance to see him at the collegiate level. Good chance with his current offers.

Yes - D-III ball is becoming a 3 point shooting track meet - and it's 40 minutes vs. 32 he plays now. He'd get 2x the shots he takes in a Cooper game' date=' [b']against roughly the same competition[/b].
I understand where you are coming from, but high school ball is not remotely close to D3 ball.
I understand where you are coming from, but high school ball is not remotely close to D3 ball.

 

Thanks for saying that because if that was true it minimizes the effort any kid that is wanting to continue their academics and basketball career by going to a D3 school. Based on the numbers that the NCAA publishes, it is still really a low percentage of kids who will play basketball at any of the 3 NCAA levels past high school.

 

Taken from: Men's Basketball | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

ncaa_basketball.png

 

While it may not be an athletic scholarship coaches are giving out, they still tend to recruit very hard at this level for top level players.

Thanks for saying that because if that was true it minimizes the effort any kid that is wanting to continue their academics and basketball career by going to a D3 school. Based on the numbers that the NCAA publishes, it is still really a low percentage of kids who will play basketball at any of the 3 NCAA levels past high school.

 

Taken from: Men's Basketball | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57103[/ATTACH]

 

While it may not be an athletic scholarship coaches are giving out, they still tend to recruit very hard at this level for top level players.

 

Agreed. MOST, and I mean most high school players are not good enough to play D3 basketball.

Agreed. MOST, and I mean most high school players are not good enough to play D3 basketball.

 

We are talking about one of the top players in NKy, a legit 6'3" kid who can handle and shoot. This kid doesn't fall in the meat of the HS basketball bell curve.

 

Interesting to me that people can get so enthusiastic about Bezold heading to MSJ and his bright future there, and not see McNeil (at least) in the same light. To me, McNeil is the superior player and athlete, and based on what I've seen from local D-III schools, a player who in 4 years could light it up at MSJ, TMC, Bethany, etc., etc., etc.

 

The level of competition across D-III schools and conferences varies considerably, McNeil is a D-II talent who, when playing against top competition in Ky will face off against other D-I through D-III talent and (I'm confident) will excel.

 

I'm having a hard time seeing how the kid couldn't stand out in D-III IF he chooses to go that route.

So I ask again. Is he a legit 6'4"?

We are talking about one of the top players in NKy, a legit 6'3" kid who can handle and shoot. This kid doesn't fall in the meat of the HS basketball bell curve.

 

Interesting to me that people can get so enthusiastic about Bezold heading to MSJ and his bright future there, and not see McNeil (at least) in the same light. To me, McNeil is the superior player and athlete, and based on what I've seen from local D-III schools, a player who in 4 years could light it up at MSJ, TMC, Bethany, etc., etc., etc.

 

The level of competition across D-III schools and conferences varies considerably, McNeil is a D-II talent who, when playing against top competition in Ky will face off against other D-I through D-III talent and (I'm confident) will excel.

 

I'm having a hard time seeing how the kid couldn't stand out in D-III IF he chooses to go that route.

I have no doubt that McNeil is a great talent, a D2 for sure. You basically equated most high school players to D3 college talent, I just pointed out that most high school players aren't good enough to play D3 basketball.

Mcneil is one of the top 10 players in the state. I can not for the life of me figure out why he does not get the recognition and hype he deserves. If he played on an up tempo run and gun style team he would average a ton of points. Instead he plays for a team that likes to get down and guard and run nice set's. On top of that hes a great kid. Best of luck to him

Sean injuries might come into account. I am in the McNeil camp buying stocking in the young man. Bellermine and KW are top tier DIi. Kid is a player!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.