"Stranger Things" Netflix series

Anyone start this one yet? Watched the first episode last night...not going to say it was great but kept my interest, intrigued so far. Looks like kids characters will play a big part of this series, that might lose a few people.

I'm two in and I'll keep going. Not what I expected but strangely compelling. I had to Google it when I first started because I thought someone had just pulled this out of an 80s vault. I could have waited and found out that Winona Ryder wasn't a teenager though.

• 2 weeks later...
The wife and my son are in...I'm not there yet, but am intrigued. Has a x-files meets poltergeist feel to it!

With a dash of Goonies because of the kids...

:lol2: Pretty good description. I have two more episodes left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wife and I just wrapped up the season. I can't say why, but I liked it. The show has gotten solid reviews. Sets up well for a season 2.

Pretty close to what I thought. It's not something that would usually be my cup of tea but I got really into it. I'm looking forward to a second season.

Pretty close to what I thought. It's not something that would usually be my cup of tea but I got really into it. I'm looking forward to a second season.

I resisted starting it because I honestly didn't think I'd like it. But ended up really liking it. Girlfriend and I finished it in around 18 hours. 8 episodes was the perfect amount of time.

I think what was really great about it was the actors -- especially the child actors. Such a good job. Ending was a little weak and problematic for me.