Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Stranger Things" Netflix series

Featured Replies

I resisted starting it because I honestly didn't think I'd like it. But ended up really liking it. Girlfriend and I finished it in around 18 hours. 8 episodes was the perfect amount of time.

 

I think what was really great about it was the actors -- especially the child actors. Such a good job. Ending was a little weak and problematic for me.

 

I didn't mind the ending. Set it up for a second season but still tied a bow around the first. What didn't you like?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    I've been debating on starting Stranger Things for years, especially since I'm a huge fan of the 80's and I knew it would draw me in on that part at least.  So just a few months back in June, I f

  • Wife and I just wrapped up the season. I can't say why, but I liked it. The show has gotten solid reviews. Sets up well for a season 2.

  • I'm five episodes through Season 4. Season 4's episodes are longer (about 1 hr 15 min each) and seemingly more graphic than previous seasons. But it is really well done and fun to watch despite some o

Posted Images

I didn't mind the ending. Set it up for a second season but still tied a bow around the first. What didn't you like?

 

The way they used Eleven. In the middle of the season -- by use of flashbacks -- the show did a great job of humanizing her. They told a story. She wasn't just this supernatural being, she was a person.

 

Then, they threw all of that away and she became merely a weapon. Hell, the boys spent all of one minute mourning her. Even Barb got more mourning time than Eleven -- who seemingly is the most important character of the show.

The way they used Eleven. In the middle of the season -- by use of flashbacks -- the show did a great job of humanizing her. They told a story. She wasn't just this supernatural being, she was a person.

 

Then, they threw all of that away and she became merely a weapon. Hell, the boys spent all of one minute mourning her. Even Barb got more mourning time than Eleven -- who seemingly is the most important character of the show.

 

Yea I get what you mean. Though, I got the impression the story isn't done for her yet, but now I'm blanking on why I thought that. :lol2: Whatever it was, I feel like they implied she still existed in the Upside Down.

Yea I get what you mean. Though, I got the impression the story isn't done for her yet, but now I'm blanking on why I thought that. :lol2: Whatever it was, I feel like they implied she still existed in the Upside Down.

 

At the end Hopper places some Eggo's and other food in a box leading underground.

I don't think the story is done for her yet either. However, it still gave the ending problems for me.

At the end Hopper places some Eggo's and other food in a box leading underground.

 

That's it!

My son and his wife watched this and told my daughter about it. She blitzed through the season in a couple of nights and then proceeded to drive us nuts until we watched the first episode...3 days later we finished the series. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much. There are some open questions and I'm with FKYW on the ending, but I think it was extremely well done. My wife got so mad when she found out that she had to wait until next summer to find out what happened to 11.

 

We are definitely looking forward to season 2.

 

 

 

On a side note, it took me the entire season to figure out that the Doctor was Private Joker from Full Metal Jacket.

Time to pull this one back up....I finally got around to starting this one over the weekend. Watched the 1st two episodes. It's alright so far. Intriguing enough to keep watching, but not as fantastic as many have made it out to be.

 

Season 2 starts Friday the 27th. Was hoping to get through season 1 by then, but looks like I'm going to fail on that.

Time to pull this one back up....I finally got around to starting this one over the weekend. Watched the 1st two episodes. It's alright so far. Intriguing enough to keep watching, but not as fantastic as many have made it out to be.

 

Season 2 starts Friday the 27th. Was hoping to get through season 1 by then, but looks like I'm going to fail on that.

 

It's a slow boil...but as a whole it was a very good first season.

4 episodes into season 2 and it's been pretty much on par with the first season. Pretty good so far.

One of the reasons I like this show so much is because of the time period...1983-1984...

Once I started watching it I was hooked and upset that I would have to wait for the next round. I started watching House of Cards.

The wife and I watched the entire 1st and 2nd seasons over the weekend.

 

Excellent stuff, especially the Snow Ball.

 

Sounds like it might be a year or more before Season 3 gets going.

5 episodes in and loving season 2!

 

As an aside, Howard Stern doing Millie Bobbie Brown's agent is hilarious. :lol2:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.