"Stranger Things" Netflix series

I resisted starting it because I honestly didn't think I'd like it. But ended up really liking it. Girlfriend and I finished it in around 18 hours. 8 episodes was the perfect amount of time.

I think what was really great about it was the actors -- especially the child actors. Such a good job. Ending was a little weak and problematic for me.

I didn't mind the ending. Set it up for a second season but still tied a bow around the first. What didn't you like?

I didn't mind the ending. Set it up for a second season but still tied a bow around the first. What didn't you like?

The way they used Eleven. In the middle of the season -- by use of flashbacks -- the show did a great job of humanizing her. They told a story. She wasn't just this supernatural being, she was a person.

Then, they threw all of that away and she became merely a weapon. Hell, the boys spent all of one minute mourning her. Even Barb got more mourning time than Eleven -- who seemingly is the most important character of the show.

The way they used Eleven. In the middle of the season -- by use of flashbacks -- the show did a great job of humanizing her. They told a story. She wasn't just this supernatural being, she was a person.

Then, they threw all of that away and she became merely a weapon. Hell, the boys spent all of one minute mourning her. Even Barb got more mourning time than Eleven -- who seemingly is the most important character of the show.

Yea I get what you mean. Though, I got the impression the story isn't done for her yet, but now I'm blanking on why I thought that. :lol2: Whatever it was, I feel like they implied she still existed in the Upside Down.

• 2 months later...

My son and his wife watched this and told my daughter about it. She blitzed through the season in a couple of nights and then proceeded to drive us nuts until we watched the first episode...3 days later we finished the series. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much. There are some open questions and I'm with FKYW on the ending, but I think it was extremely well done. My wife got so mad when she found out that she had to wait until next summer to find out what happened to 11.

We are definitely looking forward to season 2.

On a side note, it took me the entire season to figure out that the Doctor was Private Joker from Full Metal Jacket.

• 10 months later...

Time to pull this one back up....I finally got around to starting this one over the weekend. Watched the 1st two episodes. It's alright so far. Intriguing enough to keep watching, but not as fantastic as many have made it out to be.

Season 2 starts Friday the 27th. Was hoping to get through season 1 by then, but looks like I'm going to fail on that.

Time to pull this one back up....I finally got around to starting this one over the weekend. Watched the 1st two episodes. It's alright so far. Intriguing enough to keep watching, but not as fantastic as many have made it out to be.

Season 2 starts Friday the 27th. Was hoping to get through season 1 by then, but looks like I'm going to fail on that.

It's a slow boil...but as a whole it was a very good first season.