Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baton Rouge Police Shooting

Featured Replies

  • Replies 190
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One correction: Body cams were working but they fell off of the officers during the scuffle. Not sure if they show anything or not.

 

Yeah right. Even HRC finds that hard to believe.

Yeah right. Even HRC finds that hard to believe.

 

You can see the camera dangling from one officers uniform during the scuffle.

Interesting statement in this article: "while he was laying restrained". One thing I can say about the video, I would not agree that he was "restrained", he may have been down, but it seemed fairly clear he was still resisting and not complying IMO

 

Agree. His right arm was moving, and the gun was apparently found in that pocket

Yeah right. Even HRC finds that hard to believe.

 

I don't find that hard to believe. I have no interest in watching the video, but body cameras come in different varieties. Some attach by the ear like a blue tooth looking thing, some are hooked-on, some are held by magnets. They are not attached in the same location either on officers. If it was knocked off, it should still record the audio.

From a legal standpoint and from a "let's remember they're in the heat of battle" standpoint what do we need to see in order to justify a shooting?

 

Do we need to see the victim with his hand ON the gun? Do we need to see him going FOR his gun?

From a legal standpoint and from a "let's remember they're in the heat of battle" standpoint what do we need to see in order to justify a shooting?

 

Do we need to see the victim with his hand ON the gun? Do we need to see him going FOR his gun?

 

Id say based on the 911 call, the struggle, him clearly resisting, if he reaches toward the gun and they can't stop him...

 

People always say the police should have tased the person, well apparently these officers tried...twice.

 

They say police should go hands on and take them down...they tried that.

 

They tried to arrest him without killing him.

Interesting statement in this article: "while he was laying restrained". One thing I can say about the video, I would not agree that he was "restrained", he may have been down, but it seemed fairly clear he was still resisting and not complying IMO

 

I was just sharing the article because it talks about the "Blue Lives Matter" law.

They obviously got him on the ground... If they thought he had a gun I have two questions:

 

1.) Why in the hell were they that close to him?

2.) Why wasn't he searched and the gun discovered PRIOR to what we saw?

Id say based on the 911 call, the struggle, him clearly resisting, if he reaches toward the gun and they can't stop him...

 

People always say the police should have tased the person, well apparently these officers tried...twice.

 

They say police should go hands on and take them down...they tried that.

 

They tried to arrest him without killing him.

 

You know I have disagreed with you before...on this one, I'm with you. I think they after they went to ground, he was still resisting...couple this with the known history and the call...likely justified.

 

Cameras sometimes tell us what we are looking for

They obviously got him on the ground... If they thought he had a gun I have two questions:

 

1.) Why in the hell were they that close to him?

2.) Why wasn't he searched and the gun discovered PRIOR to what we saw?

 

Not a law enforcement officer, so maybe we get some insight from @theguru on this one.

 

A police officer's job at times, I would assume, it so close with a known or suspected threat, with no regard for their own safety, to protect the society they are sworn to.

 

There are times in close quarter combat that you must react instead of using rational thought....I suspect that this was one of those times.

Not a law enforcement officer, so maybe we get some insight from @theguru on this one.

 

A police officer's job at times, I would assume, it so close with a known or suspected threat, with no regard for their own safety, to protect the society they are sworn to.

 

There are times in close quarter combat that you must react instead of using rational thought....I suspect that this was one of those times.

 

If they thought he had a gun and approached him without addressing that, that's just bad police work. And dangerous for their own sake.

I was planning on sitting this one out BB.

They obviously got him on the ground... If they thought he had a gun I have two questions:

 

1.) Why in the hell were they that close to him?

2.) Why wasn't he searched and the gun discovered PRIOR to what we saw?

 

They tried to tase him, twice apparently...it didn't work.

 

He allegedly threatened someone with a gun and there were likely more people there. If he's violent you want them letting him run free?

 

They hadnt searched him yet because he was clearly resisting. Is that a serious question?

I was planning on sitting this one out BB.

 

I was too but I'm off work this week and was bored. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.