July 1, 201610 yr In a previous topic, I tried to get answers about Islam and unfortunately answers did not come. I will try one more time. I know several of you speak confidently enough about the topic that leads me to believe you must be knowledgable on the subject of Islam. As I said before, I am not. I am just seeking answers from smart people like yourselves. Note that the focus of the topic is not to be Radical Islamic terrorists(see there , I said it again!). I think most all of us can agree that these radicals are whack jobs and need to be dealt with as we do household pests- extermination. There are some that say these radicals have hijacked Islam to fit their own aganda. Have they? Or do they reflect Islam in its truest form? I am talking about the true essence of Islam, which I want to learn more about. Do the true followers of Islam believe in peace and love and respect for those of all faiths and for those of little faith? Or do the true followers of Islam believe in achieving world dominance through any means possible, including violence? Is this a religion that, in fact, respects no other faith and offers heavenly rewards to those who kill infidels in the name of Allah? Whenever I get into discussions with local Christians, I just hear things about suicide bombers and 72 virgins and I don't really learn anything. I have never read the Quran in its entirety, in fact, only some scattered verses here and there. I don't really have the time right now to do intensive research or take an in-depth course on this religion. That's why I turn to you all and the bountiful number of scholars on all things Muslim--- BGP. Please try to back up your conclusions with some sort of evidence or logical reasoning, if possible. I simply want to arrive at my own conclusion about this question: Is Islam, in its truest form, a peaceful religion that respects Muslims and non-Muslims alike or is it something quite the opposite? Can you help?
July 2, 201610 yr My understanding is that the Quran actually includes parts of the Torah, the Bible and then adds the preachings/story of Muhammad. Muhammad is seen as the last messenger of God who perfected the teachings found in the Torah and Bible. Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus are all included in the Quran. The irony for me is Muslims believe Muhammad perfected the Torah and Bible which had become corrupted, and now I see the Quran being corrupted by modern Muslims.
July 2, 201610 yr Science, you are looking in the wrong place for the answer to your question. You need to read the Quran in detail and come to your own conclusion. The Quran's Verses of Violence 6 Quran Quotes That Teach Love, Tolerance and Freedom of Religion - Good News Network
July 2, 201610 yr The religion may be peaceful. Just as Christianity may be peaceful. It's the the idiots who interpret the religion who are violent.
July 2, 201610 yr If this were posted of Europe in 1940 what would it say of Christianity? Am I wrong?
July 2, 201610 yr Am I wrong? Am i? We're you to ask this question then. The answer would be yes, religion of peace. At this time in history the radical Islamists are ruling the day and the times.
July 2, 201610 yr Author So the religion itself is benign but the interpretation by some crazy radicals has usurped the true essence of the religion? Is that what I hear some of you saying? I also hear Jesse loud and clear: the religion is anything but peaceful. Who's right? I'm confounded.
July 3, 201610 yr This is black and white. Who is trying to kill. Christians or Mulsims? Argue all you want. Science Friction knows the answer. As a matter of fact he knew the answer before he ever posted the thread.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.