Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Islam : Peaceful or Dangerous?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it does. See below.

 

27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

 

What are the natural relations with women?? How are they defined? Are they specifically sex acts?? And which ones are natural and which are natural? What about the shameful acts? Doesn't say anything about sex with each other. Acts could mean anything. You're making assumptions. And the whole "deserve's death" part still throws me. I guess my problem lies in this. If the Bible were designed to read and followed with a strict, literal interpretation, why do we ignore the parts like "deserve death"?? And why do we choose to literally interpret only certain parts? And how do we know which parts to literally interpret and which not to?

What are the natural relations with women?? How are they defined? Are they specifically sex acts?? And which ones are natural and which are natural? What about the shameful acts? Doesn't say anything about sex with each other. Acts could mean anything. You're making assumptions. And the whole "deserve's death" part still throws me. I guess my problem lies in this. If the Bible were designed to read and followed with a strict, literal interpretation, why do we ignore the parts like "deserve death"?? And why do we choose to literally interpret only certain parts? And how do we know which parts to literally interpret and which not to?

 

My suggestion is what it always is. Read it for yourself and ask God to help you understand it. You will be judged for what you do and say not what Jesse does or says. I have read it and prayed much and am confident in what I have read and what God has revealed to me as truth.

If this were posted of Europe in 1940 what would it say of Christianity?

 

This aint 1940. We didnt start the wars. What's the point? Why are you defending the most violent religion this earth has known?

Back to the thread:

Deadliest attack in a year kills 115 in central Baghdad.

Is Islam peaceful or dangerous? The bomb blast in Iraq today answers that. The suicide bombers in Bangladesh answers that. The shooter in Orlando answers that. I could continue to the bottom of the page with examples of violence. And now something I read today that was very scary but I had never heard about. A "game" being played by teenage and young adult male Muslim refugees in European countries called Taharrush. Anyone ever heard of it? Google it or YouTube it.

My suggestion is what it always is. Read it for yourself and ask God to help you understand it. You will be judged for what you do and say not what Jesse does or says. I have read it and prayed much and am confident in what I have read and what God has revealed to me as truth.

 

That's exactly how I've arrived to where I'm at.

That's exactly how I've arrived to where I'm at.

 

With you. I have read, studied and witnessed. I have arrived at a very different conclusion than Jesse and his posse.

 

I suppose I can take comfort in knowing hell will be filled with people like myself, not just evil souls.

Islam is a false religion. They do not believe Jesus Christ is Gods son or died for our sins.

 

They also believe anyone is an infidel unless they believe in Mohammad.

Their goal IMO is to make the world an Islamic religion and if a person doesn't convert they must die.

This aint 1940. We didnt start the wars. What's the point? Why are you defending the most violent religion this earth has known?

 

I'm not defending it.

 

I am saying that Jesse's post is a snapshot in time. Take another snapshot in another time and tell me if the same allegations could be made against Christianity based on the actions of a few calling themselves Christian and analyze them under the same criteria.

I'm not defending it.

 

I am saying that Jesse's post is a snapshot in time. Take another snapshot in another time and tell me if the same allegations could be made against Christianity based on the actions of a few calling themselves Christian and analyze them under the same criteria.

 

Jesse's post said that anyone who thinks Nazi's were Christians are nuts.

By your own definition, then, Christianity has not historically been a religion of peace. I would say that even now, with the biblical references used to justify the death penalty, racism, sexism, homophobic didcrimination, etc, Christianity is not a religion of peace. Of course you will counter with a defense about extremists, etc. To which I will say, it's no different. As Christians, we REALLY have no business labeling other religions as extreme or militant while ignoring not onlu our own dirty deeds in the name of God, but our part in creating militant factions within other religions while doing those dirty deeds.

 

We don't walk into a mall yell JESUS and blow ourselves up killing women, children and men. What news do you watch? How dare you compare Christianity to the murders that are made in the name Islam to this day. They are beheading christians....really...defend that? I find you lack of understanding the true evil that exists disgustingly negligent. If your so ashamed of christianity isis will take anyone willing to convert to Islam and live by sharia law.. Does that sound apealling? They have declared war on us and most of you don't take that seriously. They will kill you on tv sawing your head off.

Edited by Fear the Nation

With you. I have read, studied and witnessed. I have arrived at a very different conclusion than Jesse and his posse.

 

I suppose I can take comfort in knowing hell will be filled with people like myself, not just evil souls.

 

I just posted it word for word. You must have skipped that part when you were reading it. What you do with your understanding is your business and not my place to judge that. But I can read and comprehend simple English. And there will be no comfort in Hell. You better be glad someone is actually warning people. See below for more scripture to support what I said. My opinions are based on the Bible, not what I wish something was. I can be wrong and am alot. But this is Truth whether you or anyone else agrees with it or not, because in the end it wont matter what I think or what you think. All that will matter is what this says because thats what you will be judged by.

 

[h=1]Luke 16:19-31New International Version (NIV)[/h][h=3]The Rich Man and Lazarus[/h]19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

I just posted it word for word. You must have skipped that part when you were reading it. What you do with your understanding is your business and not my place to judge that. But I can read and comprehend simple English. And there will be no comfort in Hell. You better be glad someone is actually warning people. See below for more scripture to support what I said. My opinions are based on the Bible, not what I wish something was. I can be wrong and am alot. But this is Truth whether you or anyone else agrees with it or not, because in the end it wont matter what I think or what you think. All that will matter is what this says because thats what you will be judged by.

 

[h=1]Luke 16:19-31New International Version (NIV)[/h][h=3]The Rich Man and Lazarus[/h]19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

 

Does it make you feel better? Knowing that you tried to save my soul?

Does it make you feel better? Knowing that you tried to save my soul?

 

I didnt post that to save your soul. I cant save anyones soul. Regardless of what you might think I think you are a good person with a big heart with deep felt convictions for what you believe. We just sometimes dont see eye to eye.

  • Author

I'm concerned that some of you still seem to be focused on the radicals... the terrorists. Of course, these are bad people. But what about the suburban soccer mom from Detroit who believes as fervently in the Quran as Jesse believes in his Bible? Or Ali, who lived as an ardent follower of Islam for a half century and seemed to believe in peace. These folks surely know their religion better than you or I. Since they believe in peace and are living according to their holy text, then mustn't Islam truly mean peace and love? Is the religion bad? That's what I want to know. Clearly, some of those who claim to be followers of the religion are bad. CLEARLY! But are they just twisted exceptions to a peaceful religion? Please quit talking about suicide bombers and provide proof that this religion by its very nature is evil(or good).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.