Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Islam : Peaceful or Dangerous?

Featured Replies

I'm concerned that some of you still seem to be focused on the radicals... the terrorists. Of course, these are bad people. But what about the suburban soccer mom from Detroit who believes as fervently in the Quran as Jesse believes in his Bible? Or Ali, who lived as an ardent follower of Islam for a half century and seemed to believe in peace. These folks surely know their religion better than you or I. Since they believe in peace and are living according to their holy text, then mustn't Islam truly mean peace and love? Is the religion bad? That's what I want to know. Clearly, some of those who claim to be followers of the religion are bad. CLEARLY! But are they just twisted exceptions to a peaceful religion? Please quit talking about suicide bombers and provide proof that this religion by its very nature is evil(or good).

 

A book is neither evil or good. People who do evil things are evil, do good thing and they are good. Unfortunately there are people who are from specific areas doing very evil things in the name of Islam. That really doesn't help foster the idea it's a religion of peace.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
A book is neither evil or good. People who do evil things are evil, do good thing and they are good. Unfortunately there are people who are from specific areas doing very evil things in the name of Islam. That really doesn't help foster the idea it's a religion of peace.

 

There are always those who do good and those who do bad in the name of religion. Just tell me, in your opinion, is the religion of Islam good or bad? Pick one.

There are always those who do good and those who do bad in the name of religion. Just tell me, in your opinion, is the religion of Islam good or bad? Pick one.

 

To be honest I haven't explored the religion. Just formed my uneducated opinion on the actions of those who have attacked us and the verses that I've heard which are troubling. I would need to educate my self a bit more to give that an open minded honest answer.

  • Author
To be honest I haven't explored the religion. Just formed my uneducated opinion on the actions of those who have attacked us and the verses that I've heard which are troubling. I would need to educate my self a bit more to give that an open minded honest answer.

 

Very fair. I'm kinda in the same boat. Thanks for your honest response.

I would hate to read the news if some Christians in 2016 started beheading Muslims.

Radical Muslims are killing many more Muslims than Christians. There's nearly 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world. If the Muslim religion as a whole were as violent as some believe them to be things would be a heck of a lot worse than they are now.

  • Author
Radical Muslims are killing many more Muslims than Christians. There's nearly 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world. If the Muslim religion as a whole were as violent as some believe them to be things would be a heck of a lot worse than they are now.

 

I agree that more Muslims, by far, are killed by the radicals than are Christians. Radicals are bad... really bad. Muslims, Christians, atheists... any violent extremist. I think most on here would say violent Christian extremists are bad but Christianity is good. Muslim extremists are bad, bad, bad ! Is Islam good?

Considering its convert or die, I'd say it's dangerous.

Radical Islam aside... "Normal Islamist" still condone putting gay's to death, owning slaves, stoning women, honor slaying, arranged marragies, etc... So even non-radical Islam is dangerous...

n

Absolutely incorrect.

 

Dhaka attack: Who were the Bangladesh terrorists? - CNN.com

 

" (CNN)They went to top schools and universities. They seemed like normal, middle-class men.

And on Friday, they killed 22 people in a terror attack that has left the country reeling in shock. "

 

This is very true, and clearly does not follow the past killers who appeared to be criminals, thugs or radicalized lost souls.

 

This is very concerning. This guy's were far from being losers. Very normal guys, extremely hard monitor guys like this.

 

Side note you may want to memorize a few verses from the Koran. These guys asked the hostages to recite verses from the Koran. Those that couldn't were hacked to death.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.