Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Spence Bridge the top infrastructure emergency in America

Featured Replies

Northern Kentucky is not in Ohio! We are not from the Cincinnati area! :rage::yuck::arghh:

 

Yes you are.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes you are.

 

No I'm not! :isurrender:

 

I refuse to be associated with Ohio in any way.

Northern Kentucky is not in Ohio! We are not from the Cincinnati area! :rage::yuck::arghh:

 

Yes you are. NKY is not a city. NKY is like southern Indiana, a collection of little burgs that would cease to exist if Cincy wasn't there.

I think you may just have bad luck. :lol2:

 

No doubt about that. In a lot of areas. :D

Considering there is nothing close to Fast Pass around these parts, it will be a nightmare regardless.

 

That would change very quickly. I grew up in an area that had zero tolls. A whole new highway was built to get summer beach traffic out of the towns on the original route and speed up the trip to Philly. Within a year of completion, almost everyone had E-Z Pass. It's very easy to get and I think people who use the bridge regularly will get onboard quickly. Also, most truck drivers and road warrior travelers already have it. I have it already just for my couple times a year trip back home.

Wait if you're from the Cincinnati area you have no room to talk. Ohio is the birthplace of all road construction.

 

EVERY major city is under perpetual construction. Ohio is no worse than any other place I've lived.

I often wish I had gotten in on the ground floor of the orange barrel phenomenon.

[video=youtube;-L7UAyQ83Yg]

Any idea what the cost of tolls would be for local fastpass folk? Have they dared throw out any numbers...

 

$40-50-70 a month??? Never encountered tolls but on vacation or traveling through state turnpikes. FL, NJ, WVA, and PA were anywhere from a $1-3 per toll stop!

I travel the BS several times a week to go to work. I say a little prayer every time I get stuck sitting on it hoping this won't be the day it falls into the river.

 

I have no problem with tolls. I do have a problem with an overly powerful state and federal government. So much money redirected, mismanaged and too many people with a hand in the cookie jar.

 

It is ridiculous that the average person has to cross his/her fingers to get to work while politicians hem and haw, and tax money goes God knows where.

Wait if you're from the Cincinnati area you have no room to talk. Ohio is the birthplace of all road construction.

 

As someone who has traveled both 71 and 75 in Ohio from top to bottom weekly , this is the truth. The city of Dayton's 75 stretch has been under construction for a decade.

Any idea what the cost of tolls would be for local fastpass folk? Have they dared throw out any numbers...

 

$40-50-70 a month??? Never encountered tolls but on vacation or traveling through state turnpikes. FL, NJ, WVA, and PA were anywhere from a $1-3 per toll stop!

 

I would guess at least $2/round trip. I used to cross the Walt Whitman bridge from Philly to Jersey every day, and 20 years ago that $3/round trip. Now that bridge is $5/round trip.

 

Many bridges now don't collect tolls on both directions...you get hit for a full round trip toll only in one direction. I'm not sure that would happen here though since there are alternative toll free routes that are pretty easy to access that don't take you too far out of the way.

Any idea what the cost of tolls would be for local fastpass folk? Have they dared throw out any numbers...

 

$40-50-70 a month??? Never encountered tolls but on vacation or traveling through state turnpikes. FL, NJ, WVA, and PA were anywhere from a $1-3 per toll stop!

 

The bridges in Louisville will be $2 per crossing for standard vehicles. If you cross more than 40 times a month, the price will be cut in half.

Build a tunnel and that would cure the land issues.

 

That would be great but extremely difficult if not impossible given the huge elevation change going from Fort Wright into Covington before crossing into Cincinnati.

Federal and local governments rake in trillions of dollars on gas that are suppose to be used for this kind of stuff. Not to mention registration fees and taxes on your cars. No tolls and build the dang bridge. In KY it's an average of .44 cents a gallon. Say that's the national average. How many gallons are sold a day? On average 384.7 million. That's 169.2 million in tax revenue per day. Again build the bridge. 61.7 trillion a year. Build the bridge!

Edited by Fear the Nation

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.