Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Spence Bridge the top infrastructure emergency in America

Featured Replies

And increase rush hour traffic by a ton. It's already terrible through there.

Most people would have Fast Pass and never even have to stop.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most people would have Fast Pass and never even have to stop.

 

The traffic is already terrible. Depending where they put the toll booths, it would have to be about 6 lanes. It's dead stopped now and if you add a toll booth right before the bridge, you have ton of out of town traffic that will not have Fastpass that will need to stop. For those that have FastPass, how many lanes will be used for FastPass holders? Currently there are 3 lanes now and the traffic does not move during rush hour.

The traffic is already terrible. Depending where they put the toll booths, it would have to be about 6 lanes. It's dead stopped now and if you add a toll booth right before the bridge, you have ton of out of town traffic that will not have Fastpass that will need to stop. For those that have FastPass, how many lanes will be used for FastPass holders? Currently there are 3 lanes now and the traffic does not move during rush hour.

I think there is zero chance the bridge is built in the same location. I think new bridge would carry the bulk of the traffic and BS (if left) would just carry local traffic only with no direct connection to interstates.

As far as tolling a bridge... There will be no toll booths on any of the three new bridges in Louisville. It will all be done electronically, either through transponders you can purchase (there is a free one as well) and by video. I'd assume they would do the same in this case.

Most people would have Fast Pass and never even have to stop.

 

Considering there is nothing close to Fast Pass around these parts, it will be a nightmare regardless.

Considering there is nothing close to Fast Pass around these parts, it will be a nightmare regardless.

 

Ours will have it.

Ours will have it.

 

I know some for you guys in the ville, for months it will be a circus till everyone figures it out.

I think there is zero chance the bridge is built in the same location. I think new bridge would carry the bulk of the traffic and BS (if left) would just carry local traffic only with no direct connection to interstates.

I take that back...there is more room than I originally thought to build a new bridge next to the current one. I still think the location in the photo I posted earlier would be better and take the I-75 I-71 traffic off of the BS, would be the better location.

3 years versus 10 years...Louisville Workers > NKY/Cincy Workers?

 

If it takes 10 years from start of bridge construction, no doubt about it.

 

Of course Louisville has had much more practice. I've been driving through there for 42 years and the next time I don't run into orange barrels will be the first time. I hate that place.

I know some for you guys in the ville, for months it will be a circus till everyone figures it out.

 

There's nothing for people to figure out. Either you get a transponder or you don't. If you do, you prepay and it's automatically deducted when you cross. If you don't a camera takes a picture of your license plate and sends you the bill.

Of course Louisville has had much more practice. I've been driving through there for 42 years and the next time I don't run into orange barrels will be the first time. I hate that place.

 

Well if you've only driven downtown in the last 5-6 years that makes sense. Other than that and the project on the East end bridge, there hasn't been any long, major construction I can think of for quite a while.

 

If it takes 10 years from start of bridge construction, no doubt about it.

 

Of course Louisville has had much more practice. I've been driving through there for 42 years and the next time I don't run into orange barrels will be the first time. I hate that place.

 

Wait if you're from the Cincinnati area you have no room to talk. Ohio is the birthplace of all road construction.

Wait if you're from the Cincinnati area you have no room to talk. Ohio is the birthplace of all road construction.

 

All I know is that I have never driven through Louisville since 1974 when there wasn't construction going on. I65, bridge, Watterson, Gene Snyder, etc. I have no doubt Cincy is the same way, I'm just lucky that I don't have to get around where the construction is happening here.

Wait if you're from the Cincinnati area you have no room to talk. Ohio is the birthplace of all road construction.

 

Northern Kentucky is not in Ohio! We are not from the Cincinnati area! :rage::yuck::arghh:

All I know is that I have never driven through Louisville since 1974 when there wasn't construction going on. I65, bridge, Watterson, Gene Snyder, etc. I have no doubt Cincy is the same way, I'm just lucky that I don't have to get around where the construction is happening here.

 

I think you may just have bad luck. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.