Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Spence Bridge the top infrastructure emergency in America

Featured Replies

The Bridge handles traffic from I-75 & I-71, so it is very highly traveled. I forget the #'s, but I believe it is one of the most traveled stretches of highway (particularly for semis carrying goods/cargo) east of the Mississippi.

 

I was confused. For some reason I thought this was the 471 bridge, not the 71/75. That makes much more sense.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 years minimum, probably closer to 12 -15.

 

Not a chance it takes that long.

I was confused. For some reason I thought this was the 475 bridge, not the 71/75. That makes much more sense.

 

471?

Not a chance it takes that long.

 

How long did it take for the new bridge in Louisville? Now add in the time to finish all the road work around it (that is no where near complete.)

471?

 

Yes, thanks.

 

How long did it take for the new bridge in Louisville? Now add in the time to finish all the road work around it (that is no where near complete.)

 

Once things got rolling, now bear in mind it isn't 100% complete with the interchange yet, but it has been only 5 years or so. It will be done later this year along with the other bridge on the east end. It is closer to finished than you think.

 

So we will have had finished 2 bridges, a rebuilt interchange, a repaired older bridge, and a tunnel under an "historic" garden not open to the public in less than 6 years. This is of course not taking into account the approximately 30-40 years of bickering over whether they needed to be built.

How long did it take for the new bridge in Louisville? Now add in the time to finish all the road work around it (that is no where near complete.)

 

What PepRock said... If you're referencing the downtown bridge as being no where near complete, it is scheduled to be fully open, interchange and all, by the end of this year. I suspect it will be sooner than that.

 

In addition, it sounds like this project is more serious that the one in Louisville. Our project was needed to increase traffic flow, but the current bridge wasn't getting ready to fall into the river either. I think that may (or should) make a difference in Cincinnati.

Could turn north just southwest of the Ft Mitchel Country Club and follow the Railroad Corridor North across the River...then link up with I-75 around Queensgate.

 

[ATTACH]56119[/ATTACH]

 

A lot of that land is already unoccupied also.

This seems like a good option, but getting that land will likely be lengthy and difficult process.

Once things got rolling, now bear in mind it isn't 100% complete with the interchange yet, but it has been only 5 years or so. It will be done later this year along with the other bridge on the east end. It is closer to finished than you think.

 

So we will have had finished 2 bridges, a rebuilt interchange, a repaired older bridge, and a tunnel under an "historic" garden not open to the public in less than 6 years. This is of course not taking into account the approximately 30-40 years of bickering over whether they needed to be built.

 

Did construction start on the 65 bridge in 2013?

Build a tunnel and that would cure the land issues.

 

What PepRock said... If you're referencing the downtown bridge as being no where near complete, it is scheduled to be fully open, interchange and all, by the end of this year. I suspect it will be sooner than that.

 

In addition, it sounds like this project is more serious that the one in Louisville. Our project was needed to increase traffic flow, but the current bridge wasn't getting ready to fall into the river either. I think that may (or should) make a difference in Cincinnati.

 

Just the hint of serious damage to the Sherman Minton bridge caused IN's gov to shut it down immediately for 6 moths of repairs. We had just 2 crossings in Louisville after that, but let me tell you it made a huge difference in people agitating for the new bridges. In fact it finally drowned out the delayers to the point that we finally got it done.

 

I would bet that if Bevin or the OH governor shut it down for repairs for 6 months like the IN gov did then you would see a new project started within 2 years.

471?

 

Don't mind him; he's from out of town.

Don't mind him; he's from out of town.

 

I'll admit, I'm not a pro on roadways "out in the state."

 

Did construction start on the 65 bridge in 2013?

 

After researching it it looks like it all started in 13. So really doing the whole thing in 3 years is pretty impressive.

 

I'll admit, I'm not a pro on roadways "out in the state."

 

Even though you are from "out in the state" :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.