May 5, 201610 yr Is it possible they hired the next coach last week? Yes but it will either take a while OR they will cut a check for $900k+.
May 5, 201610 yr Don't know Mitchell but he's the common denominator. Hard to eat 900K for a program in the red.
May 5, 201610 yr Down to 7 scholarship players. That many players leaving in such a short time span is not normal. If Mitchell's the reason then it's time for a change. Too much damage already has happened. Next season is going to be very trying for what's left of the team and the fans. And future recruits aren't even going to glance at UK after reading or hearing about this mass exodus.
May 5, 201610 yr Author I thought they were down to 6 scholarship players now? Maybe KSR had that one wrong the other day.
May 5, 201610 yr I thought they were down to 6 scholarship players now? Maybe KSR had that one wrong the other day. 5 that played last year. 1 transfer who will be eligible. 1 coming in from high school.
May 5, 201610 yr You have to can him at this point. The program has become an embarrassment to the university.
May 5, 201610 yr Down to 7 scholarship players. That many players leaving in such a short time span is not normal. If Mitchell's the reason then it's time for a change. Too much damage already has happened. Next season is going to be very trying for what's left of the team and the fans. And future recruits aren't even going to glance at UK after reading or hearing about this mass exodus. Have never,ever heard of an exodus of these preportions in any sport at any college, don't know what Barnhart is waiting on. This guy would be lucky to get a job at a junior college after the magnitude of this
May 5, 201610 yr Author 5 that played last year. 1 transfer who will be eligible. 1 coming in from high school. Probably forgot about the new freshman I'd say. Either way, this is a tough time for the program.
May 5, 201610 yr Another one gone today. Alexis Jennings becomes latest player to leave Kentucky | Lexington Herald-Leader The departure of Jennings means UK is left with five players from last year’s 25-8 team. The Cats add Cincinnati transfer Makenzie Cann and 2016 signee Chanin Scott, a swing player. Mitchell hinted last week that there could be other players on the way out, saying that the upheaval had been difficult on the players and that he skipped a major recruiting event to stay in Lexington Read more here: Alexis Jennings becomes latest player to leave Kentucky | Lexington Herald-Leader
May 5, 201610 yr Surely they can't keep him at this point... IDK, I mean what has he done that has made them all leave or want to leave.
May 5, 201610 yr IDK, I mean what has he done that has made them all leave or want to leave. It's not a coincidence that all these players are leaving.
May 5, 201610 yr It's not a coincidence that all these players are leaving. No its not, at least I dont think so. i would like to know what really is the problem. I have always heard he was really nice guy.
May 5, 201610 yr Author @jenheraldleader For those asking, I’ve tried to reach out to almost every player who has left or her parent. No one is discussing reasons for leaving.
May 5, 201610 yr @jenheraldleader For those asking, I’ve tried to reach out to almost every player who has left or her parent. No one is discussing reasons for leaving. I wonder why they wont talk. Has to be something.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.