April 26, 201610 yr Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and I think it's clear that there is a serious problem in the UK Hoops program. UK Hoops Loses Star Freshman, Assistant Coach and Two Recruits in Two Days | Nation of Blue They've lost 6 players, 2 top recruits and an assistant coach (maybe even 2) in the last year. :isurrender:
April 26, 201610 yr Mitchell may have reached his ceiling as a coach. Something's not right with that many players moving on and others backing out of signing with the Cats.
April 27, 201610 yr Mitchell holding Press Conference tomorrow at 1:30 to address State of the Program
April 27, 201610 yr With so many leaving the program, does anyone have any guesses to what the real problem is? Why are so many leaving the Kentucky women’s basketball program? | Lexington Herald-Leader
April 27, 201610 yr Author Coach Mitchell to be on KSR at 10:30 today No wonder the rest of the media hates Matt Jones :lol2: Good move by Mitchell to be proactive and offer up an explanation of some sort.
April 27, 201610 yr I asked the same thing early in the season. http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/uk-womens-hoops-317702.html
April 27, 201610 yr Author According to Jones, another assistant coach has left too. In the past year they have lost: 6 players, 3 assistant coaches, 2 top recruits Only 7 players remain on the roster.
April 27, 201610 yr We'll find out at 1030 on KSR this morning. Matthew Mitchell coming on to talk about the program.
April 27, 201610 yr Author Burke Garner on Twitter: "Boy things are unraveling for Mitchell. Comment below made by former cat Samantha drake's brother(former TE at UK) https://t.co/jmVf
April 27, 201610 yr With all the success he has had, will the University maybe get rid of him for an obvious hostile place.
April 27, 201610 yr While both Matthew and Kevin McGuff (currently at Ohio State) have had their share of success over the last 9 seasons, I still wonder today, as I did 9 years ago, did Mitch hire the right guy. I thought then he didn't, and I think today that he didn't, and it has nothing to do with their on-the-court coaching, and everything to do with their off-the-court demeanor / style.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.