Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What survival skill(s) do you have to help you survive Doomsday?

Featured Replies

If trivia somehow helps me survive I'll live forever.

 

Otherwise, dead meat.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Mr. Cat so I will survive. If he goes though I'm doomed.

I can survive outside, have some guns and wouldn't care to use them to protect my kids.

One key one is that I can outrun Randy and PP92. So as long as there are only two bears...

Hiding is a good skill

 

Oh come on man! I was looking forward to your response and this is all I get!? :no:

My wife and I were just talking about this last night. She thinks she could outlast me in the zombie apocalypse. I have no specific skills that would help in that situation honestly. I would probably go hide somewhere by water for as long as possible.

I really, really don't want to be eaten alive, so I have the motivation part covered.

 

I've gotten soft in my old age but I still have some skills. I can hunt and fish. I'm comfortable in the outdoors. I can keep a knife sharp. I'm familiar with the wilderness I live in so I have a few hiding places in mind.

  • Author
One key one is that I can outrun Randy and PP92. So as long as there are only two bears...

 

Dream on, Gramps.

Hiding is a good skill

 

We know you better than this.

A friend once said he'd be set, because then he could hunt deer year round. Figured he could probably use his skill to sneak in the woods and get a deer every week or so if he needed to. I said that I'd do the same thing.

 

He said, "You've never deer hunted" My reply was, "There is a fields full of cows and a barn lots full of hogs less than a mile from here and I won't have to worry about sneaking up on them!"

On a side note I used to be really good at Kick Ball, if that will help in any way.

I once fired a gun and I've seen 6 seasons of TWD.

I was raised on a farm in SEKY. Growing food won't be a problem, neither would raising and butchering live stock. I don't like it, but I've got a bit of experience with that sort of thing.

 

Buy the same token, I can trap, hunt, and fish. I am pretty decent shot out to 500 yards and have the weapons to protect my family.

 

I still own an encyclopedia collection, hardcover books and digital. If I don't already know how to do something, I can figure it out without google.

 

I'd be dead inside of a week. :thumb:

I have an insanely good sense of direction. So, I can get us there...if someone just tells me where we want to go.

 

I'm not prone to panic, and I go full-on overbearingly take-charge mode in a crisis. So, as long as everyone does what I say, I'm convinced all will be fine.

 

In other words, I will keep my wits about me and find my way to Mtn refs bunker. It's the only logical solution.

Also, I was once voted most likely to punch someone in the face with words....so I could do that, if defense were needed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.