Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What survival skill(s) do you have to help you survive Doomsday?

Featured Replies

I could eat human if I had to.

 

Taste like chicken or bacon?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taste like chicken or bacon?

 

Not saying I have, just that I could have I had to haha. Hopefully I had some Old Bay, or Mesquite seasoning.

I was raised on a farm in SEKY. Growing food won't be a problem, neither would raising and butchering live stock. I don't like it, but I've got a bit of experience with that sort of thing.

 

Buy the same token, I can trap, hunt, and fish. I am pretty decent shot out to 500 yards and have the weapons to protect my family.

 

I still own an encyclopedia collection, hardcover books and digital. If I don't already know how to do something, I can figure it out without google.

 

I'd be dead inside of a week. :thumb:

 

:lol2:..There would simply be too many people fighting over limited resources in the cities and suburbs. If in the country you'd be able to survive longer, but not much due to the mass onslaught of city folk heading into the country working towards stealing your resources, in the country!

 

It's a scenario like this that you have a new found respect for folks on shows where folks are living off the land, grid, and in remote regions like Montana, Alaska, and backwoods TN, KY, AR, FL, LA, etc...

 

The folks living off grid and in gnarly regions, folks avoid, will carry the torch!!! Heartwarming thread Randy. Have a nightmare about black Bart and the boys over the weekend???

 

I'd go to the coast well armed with beer, fishing gear, surf & boogey boards, guns, a solid boat, and would fight my battles on the beach and offshore. Less numbers to contend with...and if I'm going out fighting for my family and friends I want to be battling on a beach! :lol2:

I have a complete arsenal of ammo and weapons. I can hunt and fish. I'm rather heartless so I'd have no issues making that tough decision.

Side note, I was in Hawaii when a Tsunami was coming. 2 fellow employees called me to see what my plan of action was. I later asked why they Reached out to me. One said he knew I was outdoorsy and could live off the land. The other said he liked my decision making and quick thinking ability.

I have an insanely good sense of direction. So, I can get us there...if someone just tells me where we want to go.

 

I'm not prone to panic, and I go full-on overbearingly take-charge mode in a crisis. So, as long as everyone does what I say, I'm convinced all will be fine.

 

In other words, I will keep my wits about me and find my way to Mtn refs bunker. It's the only logical solution.

 

But it would take you too long to get there going the speed limit :)

I can still procreate.:banana:

I've seen every episode of The Walking Dead... so I'm pretty much prepared to survive it all.

It's been 30 years, but I was trained how to kill and not get killed. Pretty sure I could make it a good while.

 

-I can start a fire with tinder and flint.

-I know how to make mud bricks, so I could build about any structure.

-I have the equipment and know how to generate 12 volt DC power for lights, shortwave radio, and charging batteries.

-I have shotguns, rifles, hand guns, and a bunch of ammo for each.

-My family owns half a mountain in EKY that I could construct a defensible shelter.

-I can identify and know how to find most roots, nuts, berries, and mushroom.

-I know how to construct traps for small game and large game.

-I have fishing poles and spears.

-I know how to build and run a still for clean water and alcohol (for drinking and medical)

-I can clean, dress, and cook virtually anything.

 

There's more, just can't think of it right now.

Proficient with knives, axes and other blades. Skilled with a fire and cooking over it. Knowledgeable in first aid. Can hold my own with a firearm or bow and arrow. Functional with ropes, as well as building temporary shelter. Can put up just about any tent.

 

Those Boy Scout skills have always come in handy.

 

While I'm not an avid hunter or fisherman, I feel I know enough to survive. I've got plenty of fat reserves to get me through the lean months. :sssh:

Proficient with knives, axes and other blades. Skilled with a fire and cooking over it. Knowledgeable in first aid. Can hold my own with a firearm or bow and arrow. Functional with ropes, as well as building temporary shelter. Can put up just about any tent.

 

Those Boy Scout skills have always come in handy.

 

While I'm not an avid hunter or fisherman, I feel I know enough to survive. I've got plenty of fat reserves to get me through the lean months. :sssh:

 

You just reminded me. I know how to make rope from about 15 different natural materials.

 

Most people would be amazed how versatile and important rope is. Would save your life a whole lot more than you would think.

I am reasonably proficient with a can opener.

Oh come on man! I was looking forward to your response and this is all I get!? :no:

 

We know you better than this.

 

No conscience or remorse for anyone who gets into the way of my family survival.

Staying in the shadows is best thing. Fly under the radar. A dog that dont bark is the most dangerous dog.

 

I can grow food, hunt, fish, clean animals for meat, purify water, build fires, use common sense, dont panic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.