March 23, 201610 yr Lowry is a PG that shoots 40% from deep. There's no comparison between the two, except for body type. Briscoe develops some sort of shot, and he can make it in the league. Without it, he's got no shot IMO. If Briscoe could shoot, he's a lottery pick right now.
March 23, 201610 yr I struggle to see Skal being ready anytime soon but bigs are a premium. Unless Briscoe hates college I don't see why he would sign with an agent. Really would love to see his short shorts return.
March 23, 201610 yr Close second was two years ago when UK had the #1 ranked PG, SG, and PF. Center was #2, SF #3. Still all about the results as we know. Absolutely, which is key. But if they land Bolden, you could very easily argue that this might be his best class on paper. It isn't an absurd thing to say.
March 23, 201610 yr If I recall correctly, most recruiting guys have said that the 2016 class is one of the most talented and deepest classes in a long, long time. If that's the case, I don't think it's a stretch to say that a class of 6 top 30 guys would be considered Cal's best.
March 23, 201610 yr If I recall correctly, most recruiting guys have said that the 2016 class is one of the most talented and deepest classes in a long, long time. If that's the case, I don't think it's a stretch to say that a class of 6 top 30 guys would be considered Cal's best. A guy said yesterday that the average class has about 5 to 7 5* kids. This class has about 25.
March 23, 201610 yr A guy said yesterday that the average class has about 5 to 7 5* kids. This class has about 25. That's what I had thought maybe GT or someone else had said previously. Something like any of the top 25-30 kids in the 2016 class would've been top 5 in 2015.
March 23, 201610 yr That's what I had thought maybe GT or someone else had said previously. Something like any of the top 25-30 kids in the 2016 class would've been top 5 in 2015. It was Chad Ford if I recall correctly. He said that could cause some kids to go into THIS year's draft in order to beat the next draft class. He may have said that after talking about Briscoe.
March 23, 201610 yr A guy said yesterday that the average class has about 5 to 7 5* kids. This class has about 25. I've never seen a ranking that had that few 5 star kids in in. I've always seen around 20 or so on most sites.
March 23, 201610 yr I've never seen a ranking that had that few 5 star kids in in. I've always seen around 20 or so on most sites. I think his point was there are only that many legit 5* players in most classes. Most just rank the top 25 regardless of talent level as a 5* kid.
March 23, 201610 yr Sounds like Matt Jones is confident we get Bolden. From what I've read Bam, Monk, Fox are legit and ready to impact next year and SKJ is a going to be in development. What about Wenyen? Will he make an impact on next years team? Delete Edited March 23, 201610 yr by The Professor
March 23, 201610 yr I like Briscoe, but he needs to stay in school 4 years and get a degree. I just don't think he has the skill set to play in the NBA, especially not anytime soon.
March 23, 201610 yr I like Briscoe, but he needs to stay in school 4 years and get a degree. I just don't think he has the skill set to play in the NBA, especially not anytime soon. Same could be said for Skal. But if they are pretty much told they will be drafted then they ought to go.
March 23, 201610 yr I think his point was there are only that many legit 5* players in most classes. Most just rank the top 25 regardless of talent level as a 5* kid. Correct. Most services give the 5 star label to the top 25 kids in a class. In reality about 10 every year are worthy of that distinction. 2016 is insane in the quality and depth of talent. A kid like UC commit Jarron Cumberland would be 5 star caliber in most years and he's as low as 50 on some sites. For the first time since I've been doing this, I have no issue with a 5 star rating for roughly the top 30 kids. The class is THAT good...
March 23, 201610 yr Cal just announced that all eligible players on Kentucky's roster are submitting their names to the draft...:lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.