Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2016-17

Featured Replies

I think it may have. Wasn't real sure which route he went so I went the serious route. Oh well.

 

Let's take the serious route. If they land Bolden, he will have the #1 player at four different positions, if I'm not mistaken.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's take the serious route. If they land Bolden, he will have the #1 player at four different positions, if I'm not mistaken.

 

But I wouldn't label this class his best ever. Yes it would without a doubt be best next year but I wouldn't say its better than the 2013 class.

I think a lot of UK fans say a player (Skal, Briscoe) isn't ready for the NBA because they're uncomfortable with the idea of five inexperienced guys navigating an NCAA season.

 

Many will say so without having watched an entire NBA game outside of the playoffs, where the teams who draft high potential guys like Skal aren't playing because they're invested in developing players to fit their system two or three years down the road.

 

As a Cats fan, of course I'd love to see both Skal and Briscoe back, but they're NBA players right now, and staying would provide them with nothing but that nasty distraction that is class.

I think a lot of UK fans say a player (Skal, Briscoe) isn't ready for the NBA because they're uncomfortable with the idea of five inexperienced guys navigating an NCAA season.

 

Many will say so without having watched an entire NBA game outside of the playoffs, where the teams who draft high potential guys like Skal aren't playing because they're invested in developing players to fit their system two or three years down the road.

 

As a Cats fan, of course I'd love to see both Skal and Briscoe back, but they're NBA players right now, and staying would provide them with nothing but that nasty distraction that is class.

 

I tend to agree on Skal. Completely disagree with Briscoe. He won't make it to a second contract if he leaves now.

I tend to agree on Skal. Completely disagree with Briscoe. He won't make it to a second contract if he leaves now.

 

Even considering his defensive, rebounding, and finishing abilities?

Even considering his defensive, rebounding, and finishing abilities?

 

Yep. He's got no offensive game and the guys he'll have to check in the league are all quicker, more physical, and bigger than he is.

Yep. He's got no offensive game and the guys he'll have to check in the league are all quicker, more physical, and bigger than he is.

 

The guys that have been there for a few years, sure, and truthfully I don't know if he's a 1 or 2, or if it even matters, but there are several guys at either position he can check once he adjusts to the game. And his offensive game is using that fit fat Kyle Lowry body of his to get to the rim.

The guys that have been there for a few years, sure, and truthfully I don't know if he's a 1 or 2, or if it even matters, but there are several guys at either position he can check once he adjusts to the game. And his offensive game is using that fit fat Kyle Lowry body of his to get to the rim.

 

Lowry is a PG that shoots 40% from deep. There's no comparison between the two, except for body type. Briscoe develops some sort of shot, and he can make it in the league. Without it, he's got no shot IMO.

But I wouldn't label this class his best ever. Yes it would without a doubt be best next year but I wouldn't say its better than the 2013 class.

 

You don't have to, if Cal lands Bolden, plenty of others will for you.

You don't have to, if Cal lands Bolden, plenty of others will for you.

 

I'll disagree with that too.

I'll disagree with that too.

 

Disagree all you want, it doesn't come as a surprise.

 

Having the #1 ranked player at four different positions in a single recruiting class is unprecedented.

Disagree all you want, it doesn't come as a surprise.

 

Having the #1 ranked player at four different positions in a single recruiting class is unprecedented.

Close second was two years ago when UK had the #1 ranked PG, SG, and PF. Center was #2, SF #3. :D

 

Still all about the results as we know.

I don't think anyone thinks Skal and Briscoe aren't ready because they want them back. Neither are remotely ready for the league IMO. Skal may never be.

I think it will be a very good incoming class. I also think it will be one of the best years in college basketball in many years. The reason I say this is that on average there are 6-8 five star recruits coming out of high school. The last time I checked there are around 24-25 five star recruits for 2016-17, so a lot of teams are going to get some really good players. In contrast this years was one of the worst for incoming freshmen.

Hate to see some of these players go and also think some are not ready, but this years draft is very weak, next years will be loaded.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.