Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2016-17

Featured Replies

Who remains from this team...any transfer out?

What will the roster look like?

Who will start by position?

What are the realistic expectations?

Overall outlook for next season.

 

#nevertooearly

  • Replies 66
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Briscoe returns, UK has great depth. If not, they need another guard or they're an injury away from starting Hawkins. May still need another guard.

 

Front court should be much improved. If Bolden comes, wow. Can Gabriel or Killeya-Jones play on the perimeter ala Trey Lyles?

Briscoe is who I have questions about. Is he thinking one and done? It would be nice to have him coming back to play with Fox. Mathews, Hawkins and Mulder can be worked into the backcourt, as well.

 

I assume Skal is gone. Lee, Willis, Humphries and Wynard to mix with the freshman- we should be able to have a deeper and, hopefully, a more consistent front court next year.

I'd say Murray, Ulis are for sure gone. I think Skal, Lee and Briscoe will be back.

 

I'll take one of Lee or Skal but not both. I'd rather get Bolden and take my chances with him.

I'll take one of Lee or Skal but not both. I'd rather get Bolden and take my chances with him.

 

Does anyone really believe Skal is coming back? He is still projected to be a lottery pick and, at worst, a first rounder. I think he is gone.

Does anyone really believe Skal is coming back? He is still projected to be a lottery pick and, at worst, a first rounder. I think he is gone.

 

I don't know why he would. How embarrassing to go from potential top pick to buried on the bench.

I don't know why he would. How embarrassing to go from potential top pick to buried on the bench.

 

If he came back, I think he'd not only play, but he would shine because he would fill in at the 3 instead of playing in the post. He would fill a Trey Liles-type role.

If he came back, I think he'd not only play, but he would shine because he would fill in at the 3 instead of playing in the post. He would fill a Trey Liles-type role.

 

I don't see him being able to handle the ball well enough.

I don't see him being able to handle the ball well enough.

 

Fair point...I would love to see him and Fox in pick and rolls.

I might be the only one in the country that thinks this, but with the Giles injury and recovery looming I think Bam is the #1 player in the class. I'd have Josh Jackson a REALLY close #2 with Giles, Tatum and Fox following in that order.

 

Fox is a ton of fun to watch. Still developing as a big time lead guard, but serious athleticism and playmaking ability. Monk can be a volume shooter at times, but on a loaded roster he should fit in by conference play.

 

On the flip side, I'm not sold on SKJ at all. Skilled, but soft and going to take time to develop.

Does anyone really believe Skal is coming back? He is still projected to be a lottery pick and, at worst, a first rounder. I think he is gone.

 

I just don't see what the NBA scouts see in him. OK, he's a decent free throw shooter, and a decent 10 foot jump shot. Gets pushed around like a little girl, and thats discrediting the little girl. Can't block out, can't play defense. Maybe in one more year if he puts on some muscle, but if he can't do these things in college, he will be laughed at in the NBA. Won't hurt my feelings at all if he goes though.

Skal should come back but he's gone. Hopefully Briscoe gets it right and returns for at least another year.

 

Ulis should go but a big part of me wishes he would decide to be the greatest college PG of all time and return. He won't but wouldn't that be nice?

 

Obviously, Poythress is gone

 

Murray will be gone.

 

Everyone else will be back and UK should have some depth, particularly in the paint.

I might be the only one in the country that thinks this, but with the Giles injury and recovery looming I think Bam is the #1 player in the class. I'd have Josh Jackson a REALLY close #2 with Giles, Tatum and Fox following in that order.

 

Fox is a ton of fun to watch. Still developing as a big time lead guard, but serious athleticism and playmaking ability. Monk can be a volume shooter at times, but on a loaded roster he should fit in by conference play.

 

On the flip side, I'm not sold on SKJ at all. Skilled, but soft and going to take time to develop.

 

Me either. That's the first thing I said.

 

That was also the first thing I said when I watched Cheick Diallo and Skal Labissiere. For the record.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.