March 17, 201610 yr I am sick to my stomach if what I am hearing is true. Do not, cannot, and will never understand something like what is rumored, should it be true.
March 17, 201610 yr This program never ceases to amaze me. All I can say is discipline. Or lack there of
March 17, 201610 yr I picked Mason Co. as a sleeper to win a couple games in the contest.. Not looking too good now.
March 17, 201610 yr Does "Pig Williams" still deserve to play at state? And how does this affect his recruitment?
March 17, 201610 yr I don't think this would have happened on Fred Hester's watch, and I doubt that Chris O'Hearn (AD) would have plagiarized the school and program by allowing Williams to play knowingly ineligible. Sorry for the Royals, Buddy Biggs, and Mason County H.S. while in the spotlight of the state. Didn't a similar thing happen involving Wes Jones a few years ago??????? More than a few years ago, but yes. Also, wasn't it around that time or later that the baseball team lost a lot of members over a Kroger coupon scam or something? Lots of things to choose from over many,many years. I think everyone knows about Moore and Middleton and the problems within administration over a long time period that was public knowledge
March 17, 201610 yr This program never ceases to amaze me. All I can say is discipline. Not to belittle the effects that Wes(?) and Pig Williams would have for their teams... But, in response to the discipline of the Mason County Players and Program.... I'm pretty sure Chris Lofton, and Darius Miller both had pretty good discipline, and were both rewarded with district, region and state titles. And as someone who has spent most of their time in Western Kentcky, those are the names and reputations that hold true to Mason County across the state.
March 17, 201610 yr Tremendous shame for Pig, the school, the team, the fans and the tournament. Young people make mistakes unfortunately for Pig, this is one that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Someone mentioned Wes Jones in this thread and I can tell you he's a fine young man and has moved on from his mistake, earned a degree and is trying to make something of himself. Unfortunately, he'll be able to ever live down the mistake he made so many years ago. I'm sure he thinks about it often. Let's please try to remember they're kids and they make mistakes. Let's cast no aspersions.
March 17, 201610 yr Let's please try to remember they're kids and they make mistakes. Let's cast no aspersions. Amen Dad
March 17, 201610 yr Mason County has long produced many quality athletes of all sports and of all types. The individuals complaining on this message board are from a county that cannot compete with Mason County in most areas, so trashing the athletes, coaches, and parents seems to make it better for them. Best of luck in the tournament to the remaining members of the team!
March 17, 201610 yr I wasn't saying Augusta I was saying Mason Co. I have to boys that play for that team.
March 17, 201610 yr I can't imagine how PO'd his teammates are at him. He should be plenty mad at himself. This doesn't help with college any.
March 17, 201610 yr REMINDER Rule 9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP. Anymore discussion of criminal or illegal activity will lead to this thread being closed.
March 17, 201610 yr Quick question about next year and this situation: Could the 10th Region place Mason County on probation from any tournament play if something is found wrong?
March 17, 201610 yr As bad as this situation is for Pig and the program, the community and the 10th Region. At some point you (players and school leadership) have to look in the mirror and realize where the problem lies. Kids cannot always, nor will they, make the right choices. But as adults, teachers, coaches, etc it is your job (and the benefit of the athlete) to correct the problem(s) when you notice it and they first occur. The more you turn your head away and cover it up. The more you are at risk for problems down the road, such as this. And this circumstance came back to bite at the most aweful time. You cannot have "double standard rules" for players to cover up or "over shadow" student problems/issues. You also cannot hire coaches/teachers to help "control" potential problems that you know exist....with the hopes they don't occur. (And please don't anyone try to tell me this doesn't happen. I have been involved in this program for ten years. I have seen it plain and simple many times) In the very first parent/player meeting with coaches it is explained plain and simple about the rules and regulations, expectations of the a Mason County Athlete. The Parent and player both sign it. There are no grey areas. So, If school leadership has "double standard" rules....then please tell me what rule as an athlete you follow. Yes. Right is right and wrong is wrong. But. The only way to correct this is with Discpline. Plain and simple. Stop being scared of who we offend or make mad and do your job. It will benefit the student athlete down the road. You may not be the most popular person in town by doing to correct thing and Discplining the athlete. But right is right and wrong is wrong. And if you are really concerned about helping the student athlete, are you really helping by "looking away" To the school personal that are In leadership roles. Stop being scared of doing what is right. Discipline the kids when they need it most. It will benefit them in the long run!!!! Take notes from Chief Smoke and run the ship like he did with the football program.
March 17, 201610 yr Sometimes you have to lose something important to you until you realize it's time to change. It stinks for Mason County and Pig, but I hope the young man learns from this and ises the lessons from it to become a better person
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.