Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it true that Coach Burnett has left Cooper?

Featured Replies

........

I was just told that Coach Burnett has moved back to Beechwood. If that's true, that a humongous loss for the Jaguars. Hard to replace his experience and knowledge.

Does Bob still live literally right next door to BW?

 

Guy has been coaching since he was my JR high gym teacher in the 70s.

I can't verify this but it has been rumored for a couple of years. Coach Burnett lives virtually on the front lawn of the school. if true, it is great to have him back.

What position does be coach?

What position does be coach?

 

Any, remember he was a head coach at Dixie, and Beechwood for one year, but I think offensive line.

Coach B is a huge family man and frankly I'll stack his knowledge and resume up against ANY offensive line coach in the State. Huge huge loss for Cooper if this is accurate. He would be sorely missed but even he would say the "show must go on" and tell the Jags to go play! He's take zero credit for any of the Cooper success but he certainly has been EXTREMELY important to the staff and his players with his experience and I believe 10 State championships.

As a D coordinator recently; I was captivated in even his pre-game drills. Never heard of him and was just astounded at what he was teaching, how he was teaching it and the results of his teachings. (Cooper crushed us.) This guy is phenomenal.

Great guy. Has to be nearing retirement.

Any, remember he was a head coach at Dixie, and Beechwood for one year, but I think offensive line.

 

74-61 while head coach at Dixie 1978-1990.

I crossed paths with him when he was coaching at Beechwood and I was at Paris. He was very personable and you could tell he knew the game inside and out.

74-61 while head coach at Dixie 1978-1990.

 

Friends of mine from Dixie love him.

One of the best coaches and best people I have ever been around. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to know him, and even during my short time around him I learned a lot from him. Every school he has coached at has been extremely lucky to have him there. The most important thing is the great job he does at teaching players! His passion for the game and his players is amazing!

 

Cooper definitely will miss him but luckily Coach Borchers and him and staff helped get Cooper to where they are now, and they should continue to keep growing as a program because of the things he did while there. Coach Borchers will keep that program going forward and keep being successful, and Coach Burnett will also continue being successful and now helping Beechwood once again.

 

Best of luck to Coach Burnett!

Friends of mine from Dixie love him.

 

Oh yes.

Great to have him back at BW if the rumor is true, don't know him personally, but have many friends who played under him....never a bad word said about the man.

It has been confirmed that he is returning to Beechwood. Apparently told his lineman Monday at conditioning. Coach Burnett will be missed at Cooper but I do not expect them to take a step back by any means. Coach Borchers is one of the best in the area and will keep this train rolling forward. Best of luck to Coach B and the Cooper Jags as they move forward.

 

And to answer the question posted earlier, Coach Burnett coached the Offensive Line and MLB while at Cooper.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.