Supreme Court Justice Scalia has died

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess so but when you've been the top of the food chain it's pretty hard to step back under someone else' authority. Plus he stands to make a lot more on the circuit.

Who's to say he won't do both? Power is intoxicating and being a SC justice has to be right up there with POTUS and he could be a SC justice until death couldn't he?

Who's to say he won't do both? Power is intoxicating and being a SC justice has to be right up there with POTUS and he could be a SC justice until death couldn't he?

Yes he could serve until death. Not sure if there are any limits on SC earnings. Power is intoxicating but going from no. 1 to being one of 9 with Roberts having more authority could be tough. He's young enough that the presidency shouldn't have taken too much out of him. I would kick back but I've always said I'd rather be an ex president than president.

Yes he could serve until death. Not sure if there are any limits on SC earnings. Power is intoxicating but going from no. 1 to being one of 9 with Roberts having more authority could be tough. He's young enough that the presidency shouldn't have taken too much out of him. I would kick back but I've always said I'd rather be an ex president than president.

All great points. There's something in my gut that says he gets that spot IF he wants it.

Tough blow for gun owners. Obama and the liberals will try to continue their assault on the second amendment in full force now.

Do gun owners ever get tired of promoting this falsehood? I don't buy it at all that honest, law abiding citizens will ever be denied gun ownership. If there were 9 liberals on the Supreme Court, a Democrat dominated Congress and a Democrat President, honest, law abiding citizens will still be able to buy and own guns.

Do gun owners ever get tired of promoting this falsehood? I don't buy it at all that honest' date=' law abiding citizens will ever be denied gun ownership. If there were 9 liberals on the Supreme Court, a Democrat dominated Congress and a Democrat President, honest, law abiding citizens will still be able to buy and own guns.[/quote']

Your response looks great on paper but you left out one key part. Honest, law abiding citizens, will be able to buy the guns that the progressive liberals approve of. So, I will be able to keep my .22 and probably my 9mm. All guns are not equal to the left and you know that. I don't think your reply will pretend otherwise either.

Do gun owners ever get tired of promoting this falsehood? I don't buy it at all that honest, law abiding citizens will ever be denied gun ownership. If there were 9 liberals on the Supreme Court, a Democrat dominated Congress and a Democrat President, honest, law abiding citizens will still be able to buy and own guns.

No.

I knew I recognized the name. Why do blacks call Scalia a racist? I'm drawing a blank.

Anyone?

Scalia caught flak for citing argument in recent affirmative action case that black students might be better off in "lesser schools." Or something to that effect.

The odds that Obama will end up on the Supreme Court are zero.

The 2nd Amendment is safe.

Yes, I wonder if the cause of death will be released. As I told the wife last night, you can't be 79 years old, 50 pounds overweight and be considered in "good health." Doesn't work that way.

I can't help but wonder if some of the same people worried about the 2nd amendment disappearing like a Clinton enemy are some of the same people who wanted Beyonce to shut up during the Super Bowl. Save the 2nd amendment but ban the 1st amendment I guess.

Scalia caught flak for citing argument in recent affirmative action case that black students might be better off in "lesser schools." Or something to that effect.

The odds that Obama will end up on the Supreme Court are zero.

The 2nd Amendment is safe.

Yes, I wonder if the cause of death will be released. As I told the wife last night, you can't be 79 years old, 50 pounds overweight and be considered in "good health." Doesn't work that way.

Okay. I think I remember it vaguely now.

Good point on age and weight.

Tough blow for gun owners. Obama and the liberals will try to continue their assault on the second amendment in full force now.

I see the president nominating someone that SHOULD be approved by the Senate. Maybe even someone they have approved before in a lower court in order to fill the position.

This could be extremely destructive for Senate leadership, and could prove the Obama narrative that the McConnell gang is doing nothing but obstructing in Washington.

Think about it this way JA. Your private supply will skyrocket in value if you get an axis of liberal evil to affect the sale of guns. I'm personally going to put my retirement into gun manufacturer and ammunition stocks over the next year. No one is more gullible than people afraid the govt is going to take their guns.