Carson Williams and Larry Bird

How about 2 years from now if he hits a slump and folks come back mocking the kid for not being the next "Larry Bird". He was a better player in high school after all.

It is a disservice to the kid, and a burden he never asked to bare. Just say the kid is really good and has a chance to have a great career. That's more than enough...

Who mocks kids on here without being taken to task? I just don't see the comments the way some of you do. Again, I think this is complimentary.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want he is having

Thank you, well put. Most of these posters I have noticed just love to hate on certain parts of the state. Lack of vision, and many lack of ever playing a sport at a high level, complicates it for them.

I played college basketball and know how difficult each level is to compete.

Williams picked the right level at NKU.

I hope he has a great career but camparing him to Larry LEGEND is crazy.

So was Skal and Andrew Harrison. HAHAHA

Correct. And Carson is not better than either. Let's let him be a really good, maybe the best, senior in KY and stop putting these ridiculous comparisons out there.

He was in a lot of high-profile AAU tournaments. Big schools passed on him. All of them did.

There's a reason and my guess is a)too small to be a 4 at the high D1 level b)not enough of an outside game to be a 3 and c)not enough lateral quickness to guard high D1 on the perimeter.

NKU is getting a really nice player.

Perhaps it should be pointed out that Larry Bird was beaten out for Mr. Basketball his senior year by Roy Taylor and Steve Collier. So if we are truly comparing players while they are in high school, perhaps we should say that while Carson Williams may be as good as Larry Bird, he's no Roy Taylor.

Nope, but have a ton of close friends that did and still do. Plus I get paid a decent penny for my evaluations. I wouldn't call myself an "expert", but feel free if you'd like...

If you didn't play, you wouldn't understand. But I appreciate your honesty. You can not evaluate someone's work ethic, drive and determination to get better, and their willingness to be coached. Carson Williams is a rare player. Let's wait five years down the road and see how it plays out.

Correct. And Carson is not better than either. Let's let him be a really good, maybe the best, senior in KY and stop putting these ridiculous comparisons out there.

He was in a lot of high-profile AAU tournaments. Big schools passed on him. All of them did.

There's a reason and my guess is a)too small to be a 4 at the high D1 level b)not enough of an outside game to be a 3 and c)not enough lateral quickness to guard high D1 on the perimeter.

NKU is getting a really nice player.

And you're another one who probably has never seen him play, but you jump into a thread so you can be heard. But that's Okay.

Great. How many of these McDonald's All-Americans end up total flops every year?

Usually 20% at most, and that's in a weak class. The rest end up making it through at least their rookie contract with multi millions in the bank. Pretty sure Larry Bird was much closer to that level as a high schooler than a kid going to NKU. It's an absurd take. Just own it and move on...

Perhaps it should be pointed out that Larry Bird was beaten out for Mr. Basketball his senior year by Roy Taylor and Steve Collier. So if we are truly comparing players while they are in high school, perhaps we should say that while Carson Williams may be as good as Larry Bird, he's no Roy Taylor.

HAHA! Steve Collier, my old buddy from UC. Gale Catlett would be proud to hear that name!

Usually 20% at most, and that's in a weak class. The rest end up making it through at least their rookie contract with multi millions in the bank. Pretty sure Larry Bird was much closer to that level as a high schooler than a kid going to NKU. It's an absurd take. Just own it and move on...

Go back and evaluate whomever you evaluate and leave us alone in the 8th Region.

Springs Valley wasn't exactly a hotbed of high school basketball- hot springs yes- but not a place to find talent. Imagine Carson without AAU ball. He'd be hard to find in Owen County. Will he grow? His beard may grow a bit longer but the height well is dry. With all that said he's still the best player in Kentucky this year.

Who mocks kids on here without being taken to task? I just don't see the comments the way some of you do. Again, I think this is complimentary.

Thank you. One calls me a PR guy for Carson, the other says I'm making life rough on him. At least their inconsistencies make up for their lack of athletic backgrounds, HAHAHA.