Majority of Americans Identify as "Pro-Choice" Instead of "Pro-Life"

Science Friction

I'm pro life, I'm against abortion and the death penalty.

I'm not going down Clyde's rabbit hole of a question because he feels there is no answer and I've given a logical one multiple times.

If you're going to use such terms as "murder" when it comes to abortion, it's a totally fair question. Unless one murder is less/more severe than another.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pro life' date=' I'm against abortion and the death penalty. I'm not going down Clyde's rabbit hole of a question because he feels there is no answer and I've given a logical one multiple times.[/quote']

Refresh my aging memory.

Refresh my aging memory.

That's been your exact response in the last 4 abortion threads. I'd rather not.

I just stand by the fact abortion should be illegal for rape , incest and mothers life. Which makes up less than 5% of all abortion even by the most pro choice numbers.

I believe abortion out of convenience is a black eye on our society as a whole , just as I believe putting to death even one innocent prisoner is a black eye.

Abortion for birth control is a vile, repugnant act and I would have zero problems seeing a woman who has an abortion simply because she couldn't be bothered to have a baby go to jail. The same goes for the butcher who performs the act.

The laws for abortion on demand need to be changed with common sense regulations and limitations of who can get one and under what circumstances.

If it saves only one life isn't it worth it and appropriate?

Edited by All Tell

Abortion - only when the life of the mother is at risk. All other options include giving a child up for adoption, so there really no moral ground for ending the life of a child.

Should a woman who is raped, and becomes pregnant from that rape, be forced to carry said child?

This is a hard one. There is never an excuse for rape, stranger or spouse or acquaintance, a horrid act. Yes, if her injuries demand the need to abort to allow her to recover from the rape and beating. But if her health and age is such, she could give the child up for adoption. Don't make the child of rape pay for the rapist' lawless act. Before you ask me, yes I am for capital punishment. I know a contradiction and always a battle with my own conscience. You are always a hard discussion. Makes me look inward and everything isn't always cut and dried.

So instead you would ask the mother who may not want said child from the rape to suffer?

Than how can the individuals choice be wrong?

Really plantman? We all make choices and some bad choices are just flat out wrong. Some try harder not to make those bad decisions, Some just don't care if they do and some act like it is OK just because they don't want to admit it was a bad choice.

If I drink and drive, Hit a car while driving drunk and one of the occupants of the car I hit is killed. She is pregnant. Both her and the fetus are killed. What happens?

That depends on the laws of the state you are in. Some recognize a fetus; some don't.

Time for my age-old BGP question for those who say that an abortion is taking an innocent life like murder does.

We put murderers to death or in prison for a long time. Are you ready to put a mother in prison?

The mother doesn't commit the procedure the medical representative or physician does.At this time however it is legal and I don't think Roe v. Wade will ever be overturned. I just wish the woman would receive more counseling to try to alleviate possible guilt later in life as the woman matures.

So instead you would ask the mother who may not want said child from the rape to suffer?

Many people would chose the life of an innocent baby over the suffering of the innocent mother.

This topic is full of emotion, contradictions and no win situations.