Majority of Americans Identify as "Pro-Choice" Instead of "Pro-Life"

Science Friction

You can't pick and choose when you want to be Pro-Life. JMO, of course.

Sure I can. If you put a pipe bomb in a mailbox and blow up the mailman, I'm gonna vote for you to be ended. If you simply steal the mail out of the mailbox, I'll spare you the death penalty. Pro-life is not an all encompassing blanket that the media on one side of the aisle or the other makes it out to be. If you decide that you need to blow up the mailman, you had your opportunity at life, and made the choice to put yourself in the position to donate your own. Don't lump an unborn child in with the McVeighs of the world. I think Mr. McVeigh made his decision, needed to be ended. No fetus has had that opportunity. Apples and anvils and I can't be convinced it's otherwise, regardless of the rhetoric.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add finally, that perhaps that's the issue, we want a label. Ask the questions get the answers and don't pigeonhole folks. And it's my opinion that there's no one dumber than people.

Your first statement is what I feel is the problem with society today. Everyone wants everything all neatly packaged. Life isn't black or white. It's a whole spectrum of greys.

If your daughter or grand-daughter was brutally raped( pardon such a horrible thought but just a hypothetical) by a stranger and on top of that suffered a severe beating that left her life in peril, would you want her(or family) to be able to decide what she wanted to do or should she or her family have no choice in the matter? She shouldn't have the option to terminate the unwanted pregnancy if that's what she decided to do?

What if a woman is using abortion solely as birth control?

I can agree with everything you say except that there is no difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion. I have not yet met one person who wants to kill a child. I personally have never met anyone who doesn't consider a fetus a child. But I know they're out there.

I would like to extend the conversation a little bit, if you don't mind. What do you see as the solution to eliminating the reasons people have abortions. Do you believe overturning Roe v Wade will eliminate abortions?

Then how can they agree with an abortion if killing a fetus would be killing a child?

Can't have it both ways.

I'm going to go with God on this one. He's the one who says all his children are precious — not just the unborn ones.

I'll side with you on one thing, if there was a vote on the ballot that ended abortion, only if I agreed also to end the death penalty, I'd vote for that every day of the week.

I'll side with you on one thing, if there was a vote on the ballot that ended abortion, only if I agreed also to end the death penalty, I'd vote for that every day of the week.

Seriously — don't you see how totally illogical it is to say "I'm pro-life, but I support the death penalty?"

Seriously — don't you see how totally illogical it is to say "I'm pro-life, but I support the death penalty?"

Sure, but how do you want people to "identify" if they have 2 choices? Do you not see the ignorance in that? And I think we all know that pro-life doesn't remotely have to do with the death penalty in today's political climate.

Sure, but how do you want people to "identify" if they have 2 choices? Do you not see the ignorance in that? And I think we all know that pro-life doesn't remotely have to do with the death penalty in today's political climate.

That's because the movement redefined the term "life" for its own purposes. As a words person, I have issues with this. It's intellectually dishonest.

That's because the movement redefined the term "life" for its own purposes. As a words person, I have issues with this. It's intellectually dishonest.
I don't disagree with that at all. And along that line, your definition of the term makes this little poll a bunch of bunk IMO.