Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 60 Scott 48

Featured Replies

This has always been a sore point with me. If it is in a primary infraction area for one official should any other official blow their whistle to make any calls not in their primary infraction area?

 

Not realistic. Sometimes the person with primary are blocked. I had a play where I was running back down the court to get to the baseline on a break and a kid on offense must have traveled based on the reaction of the defense's coach and fans. I had no idea what happened as two players stepped in front of me. My primary. Had no idea what happened. My partner should have called it but didn't b/c it was my primary. Get the call.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Top 10 Most Controversial Moments in Sports History:

 

10. Obstruction Rule

9. Jordon's 1998 NBA Final Game Winner

8. 1972 Basketball Gold Metal Match

7. Hand of God

6. Don Denkinger

5. Brett Hull in the Crease

4. The Replacement Ref Call

3. The Fifth Down

2. The Tuck Game

1. 2016 Blarge Call

You're positive on a blarge that the bucket doesn't count? I saw a game where it didn't and the referee's got in trouble I thought? But that has been a while back

Not realistic. Sometimes the person with primary are blocked. I had a play where I was running back down the court to get to the baseline on a break and a kid on offense must have traveled based on the reaction of the defense's coach and fans. I had no idea what happened as two players stepped in front of me. My primary. Had no idea what happened. My partner should have called it but didn't b/c it was my primary. Get the call.

 

Yes I agree with you and understand your point. I have never refereed basketball with three officials so I would assume it might be the most difficult to referee. My contention is with three officials is more emphasis placed on "your area" vs the old two man crews.

You're positive on a blarge that the bucket doesn't count? I saw a game where it didn't and the referee's got in trouble I thought? But that has been a while back

 

I think the only way it can count (and I'd have to look up the old case books) is if the ball was released PRIOR to the contact.

I think the only way it can count (and I'd have to look up the old case books) is if the ball was released PRIOR to the contact.

Clyde, Birdbrain and others, I for one really appreciate you guys sharing your working technical knowledge. Has helped to clarify many times and answers many questions about primary.

 

Still hate the blarge and think a rule change would be in order to create fairer treatment for both O & D and resultingly some degree of equity. Perhaps???? Bucket counts, both get fouls, D get ball (no possession arrow consideration), and One treatment could be considered as part of equity rule change, or not.

Clyde, Birdbrain and others, I for one really appreciate you guys sharing your working technical knowledge. Has helped to clarify many times and answers many questions about primary.

 

Still hate the blarge and think a rule change would be in order to create fairer treatment for both O & D and resultingly some degree of equity. Perhaps???? Bucket counts, both get fouls, D get ball (no possession arrow consideration), and One treatment could be considered as part of equity rule change, or not.

 

I don't think you'll see that since there's no downside to the offense.

 

We all agree that the blarge is bad. No argument there.

I'm wanting to say it was from the top of the key & not a wing.

 

Ohmer drove from just below the wing (almost the baseline) to the paint.

Ohmer drove from just below the wing (almost the baseline) to the paint.

 

Thanks. So he drove from the primary of either the trail (same side as the lead) or the center official. Again, they probably pre-gamed it saying "I'll take it all the way to the rim if it comes from my primary." Both can "get the call" but at least one needed to be slow coming out with a signal. Happens. I don't have a problem with this happening as much as an official not knowing a rule.

According to the case book the correct ruling on a blarge and one.. You count the basket call a double foul and give the ball to the other team from point of interruption.........4.19.8. A1 and B1 foul each other at the same time. Contact occurs during (a) live ball situation or (b) dead ball situation.... Ruling in (a) it's a double personal foul and in (b) it's a double technical... No free throws are awarded in A or B and play resumes from point of interruption.

  • Author
Ohmer drove from just below the wing (almost the baseline) to the paint.

 

Like I said, he was almost on the baseline. :lol2:

This thread is almost as intense as the game.... I'm sweating reading this ..

According to the case book the correct ruling on a blarge and one.. You count the basket call a double foul and give the ball to the other team from point of interruption.........4.19.8. A1 and B1 foul each other at the same time. Contact occurs during (a) live ball situation or (b) dead ball situation.... Ruling in (a) it's a double personal foul and in (b) it's a double technical... No free throws are awarded in A or B and play resumes from point of interruption.

 

Interesting. This is about as fair as it's going to get. I believe they waved off Ohmers basket the other night.

 

So basically offense gets basket; defense gets no FT & ball; double foul.

 

What happens if shot is missed? Double foul & possession arrow?

I'm just saying. The play happened right under the basket. Ohmer drove from the top of the key. Baseline ref called a blocking foul and counted the and-1. Sideline ref came running in calling a charge. My question was how did he have a clear view of the play from the sideline to basically overturn the and-1. Ohmer got no shot and the basket didn't count.

The fish get bigger and bigger every time someone catches one in this thread. :deadhorse:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.