Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 60 Scott 48

Featured Replies

Campbell:

Wilson 22

Bertsch 11

Hegyi 10

Clos 8

McGovney 6

Day 2

Teegarden 1

 

Scott:

J. Ohmer 18

Dixon 6

Trame 6

Duimlao 4

Perrin 4

C. Ohmer 3

Englemon 2

Seay 2

Jolley 2

 

Free Throws:

Campbell 33-45

Scott 11-21

 

Quarter Scores

 

C-14-7-11-28

S-10-13-11-14

 

Rebounds:

C-33

S-29

  • Replies 127
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the case book the correct ruling on a blarge and one.. You count the basket call a double foul and give the ball to the other team from point of interruption.........4.19.8. A1 and B1 foul each other at the same time. Contact occurs during (a) live ball situation or (b) dead ball situation.... Ruling in (a) it's a double personal foul and in (b) it's a double technical... No free throws are awarded in A or B and play resumes from point of interruption.

 

Can you tell me why you think the basket is counted? It doesn't say that.

 

The only time the shot counts is if the ball was released PRIOR to the contact.

Im under the assumption that's what happened on the shot... the ball was released prior to the contact....I was just going on what the case book ruling is... didnt see much else about it anywhere else in the book..

Im under the assumption that's what happened on the shot... the ball was released prior to the contact....I was just going on what the case book ruling is... didnt see much else about it anywhere else in the book..

 

Gotcha. Without seeing it I'd bet the ball was still in possession of the shooter. It's very rare to see the ball released before the contact - at least in my experience.

Golly, referees that know their stuff! Thanks and this complex dialogue ought to convince BGPreppers that refereeing is a tough, bam-bam decision job. Not for the faint at heart, or those easily swayed by fans and coaches. Thanks stripes and I will try to keep my voice from the stands shut. All I ask is hustle, know the rules, and don't anticipate and call before an infraction actually occurs.

It's a thankless job and myself, I'm trying to be more understanding because the plays are bam, bam. Just need to make calls After they happen, I've seen some anticipatory whistles. And definitely be consistent. Make the call confidently and these games ,players, fans and coaches won't become so irate. Just be fair and know the rules precisely. Make sure coaches and team captains are informed before game begins. No, I would never take this job, so I'll try to not be one in the stands.

Word is that the blarge call drew a double-barrel salute from an elderly woman to the officials.

 

#Passion

Word is that the blarge call drew a double-barrel salute from an elderly woman to the officials.

 

#Passion

Actually, I think it was the technical after the 5th foul. She threw the double barrel, danced and then more sign language. Sitting across from her, I felt it was directed at me. So, I waved back. :wave::wave:

 

Soon after, she was gone.

Actually, I think it was the technical after the 5th foul. She threw the double barrel, danced and then more sign language. Sitting across from her, I felt it was directed at me. So, I waved back. :wave::wave:

 

Soon after, she was gone.

 

Thanks for the correction.

 

Maybe it was directed at you.

Actually, I think it was the technical after the 5th foul. She threw the double barrel, danced and then more sign language. Sitting across from her, I felt it was directed at me. So, I waved back. :wave::wave:

 

Soon after, she was gone.

 

I was just wondering if it was the older woman sitting in front of me and next to RP. The lady with her was talking to the refs all game and all game I was telling the back of her head that the refs can't hear her. It had to be them because I was right across from you as well. LOL

Why is everyone assuming this was the call for the lead (official under the basket)?

 

Where did Ohmer drive FROM? Wing?

 

I'm wanting to say it was from the top of the key & not a wing.

 

Thanks. So I'll ask again. Why are we assuming this was the lead's call?

 

What did they pre-game? What does the official's manual say about these types of drives?

 

Opposite table, slot (free throw line extended and curled)....it was never the Lead's call. Poor mechanics, blow and hold would have solved this issue

Why is everyone assuming this was the call for the lead (official under the basket)?

 

Where did Ohmer drive FROM? Wing?

 

I'm wanting to say it was from the top of the key & not a wing.

 

Interesting. This is about as fair as it's going to get. I believe they waved off Ohmers basket the other night.

 

So basically offense gets basket; defense gets no FT & ball; double foul.

 

What happens if shot is missed? Double foul & possession arrow?

 

You got it.

Maybe this will help for those that are more visual. PCA's shown below:

Court.png

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.