Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 60 Scott 48

Featured Replies

Simultaneous whistle…. while you shouldn't have a "mechanical" confluence, it happens. The result is by the book.

 

It in fact can be both as a simultaneous occurrence. The slot had the drive, the confluence creates the confusion..one should hold, the other should take…

 

Never said the call wasn't "by the book". It shouldn't be in the book to be an option.

 

Again, it can't be both

  • Replies 127
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the Scott girls played the CC girls i mentioned on the thread that neither team could be happy with the officiating and got a lecture on being tired of hearing complaints about officials, officiating is a hard job, you should try it before judging, etc. It sounds the same way in this game. Guess they did a good job if both sides where complaining. Heard the parents/fans for both sides were brutal.

Birdbrain or Clyde: officiating question? Coach Carr got a T in first half. Ohmer fouled out and got T'd up after fouling out. Would that be a T on the bench? And if it is, does that go against the coach?

This happens a lot when a coach didn't really earn the T. Have seen it several times this year in 8, 9, & 10 region.

 

Ref compounds bad call with a T. They'll give coach leeway in allowing him to stand for the majority of the time.

 

Also see a few coaches earn the T & be reminded to stay seated

 

 

Agreed. The T was extremely weak and imo, likely just someone who didn't want to hear the chirping in his ear all night. That's unfortunate.

A towel is a bomb? Interesting

 

If you're implying the F-bomb, I was way closer to Ohmer than the official who called the T & didn't hear it.

 

I heard it. I saw it coming out of his mouth. I guess I was way closer to Ohmer than you.

Birdbrain or Clyde: officiating question? Coach Carr got a T in first half. Ohmer fouled out and got T'd up after fouling out. Would that be a T on the bench? And if it is, does that go against the coach?

 

Once he got his 5th, he became bench personnel. The T is assessed, at that point, as an indirect to the bench. Since Carr already had a direct, it really has no effect

A towel is a bomb? Interesting

 

If you're implying the F-bomb, I was way closer to Ohmer than the official who called the T & didn't hear it.

 

It was clear as any you will see or hear…but it's all about angles anyway now isn't it.

 

Section 3 Article 6 (page 62 of NFHS) "A player shall not…. Commit an unsporting foul. This includes but is not limited to acts or conduct such as:

 

b. Using profane or inappropriate language or obscene gestures.

 

Penalty: Two free throws plus the ball for a division line throw in.

 

Eazy, peazy….

Birdbrain or Clyde: officiating question? Coach Carr got a T in first half. Ohmer fouled out and got T'd up after fouling out. Would that be a T on the bench? And if it is, does that go against the coach?

 

Depends on if the officials had informed the coach that it was the fifth foul. If so the, yes, it is a bench/indirect T and gets added to Coach Carr's total. However, it would not cause Coach Carr to be ejected. To be ejected , he would have had to have either two DIRECT Ts or 1 direct and 2 indirect Ts.

Someone has to take "charge".

 

Imo, the guy behind the baseline in tonight's game had the best view. He had clear line of sight on both players. He had the block

 

The official with the charge call was looking at Ohmers back.

 

Again, it's impossible for it to be both. The Blarge is just a bailout call for the officials. The ones I know and talk to often admit it

 

Wondering why your not

 

If you do a BGP search of "blarge" you'll often find a post by me saying something along the lines of the following.

 

Officials pre-game this play and always say "hold your whistle a second so we don't both come out with something different." Officials KNOW it's a bad look. However, sometimes in the heat of the moment it happens. It's NOT GOOD.

 

So let's move past your belief that I'm somehow defending officials.

 

Now let's move to the question I asked you a couple of times regarding a better solution.

 

You and many others think one guy should just simply overrule the other. How? Who? Why?

 

Let's assume that was allowed last night in this game.

 

Baseline guy says to trail or center official "I know what you think you saw but I'm overriding it and going with the block and awarding the basket."

 

What explanation are you giving to Coach Russell? "Sorry, coach. I didn't see what I thought I saw." Come on. Coach Russell isn't going to be happy with that. He'd be LESS happy with it then the blarge and Coach Carr would be as well.

 

You THINK the baseline official had the best view. Why? As one who has been on the floor I can tell you the baseline guy can be partially blocked by another player. The baseline guy may also not be able to tell if the defensive player was moving forward at the time of contact.

 

It's a myth to think that one position always has the best view of a particular play. Simply not true.

 

This double foul is the best solution for a bad situation. Call it a "bail out" but it's the only fair solution IMO.

I heard it. I saw it coming out of his mouth. I guess I was way closer to Ohmer than you.

 

So you were in the doorway by Scotts bench?

It was clear as any you will see or hear…but it's all about angles anyway now isn't it.

 

Section 3 Article 6 (page 62 of NFHS) "A player shall not…. Commit an unsporting foul. This includes but is not limited to acts or conduct such as:

 

b. Using profane or inappropriate language or obscene gestures.

 

Penalty: Two free throws plus the ball for a division line throw in.

 

Eazy, peazy….

 

I heard it. I saw it coming out of his mouth. I guess I was way closer to Ohmer than you.

 

So you were in the doorway by Scotts bench with LA?

 

No chance you or the ref read lips, let alone heard anything, with Ohmers back to the floor facing the doors

If you do a BGP search of "blarge" you'll often find a post by me saying something along the lines of the following.

 

Officials pre-game this play and always say "hold your whistle a second so we don't both come out with something different." Officials KNOW it's a bad look. However, sometimes in the heat of the moment it happens. It's NOT GOOD.

 

So let's move past your belief that I'm somehow defending officials.

 

Now let's move to the question I asked you a couple of times regarding a better solution.

 

You and many others think one guy should just simply overrule the other. How? Who? Why?

 

Let's assume that was allowed last night in this game.

 

Baseline guy says to trail or center official "I know what you think you saw but I'm overriding it and going with the block and awarding the basket."

 

What explanation are you giving to Coach Russell? "Sorry, coach. I didn't see what I thought I saw." Come on. Coach Russell isn't going to be happy with that. He'd be LESS happy with it then the blarge and Coach Carr would be as well.

 

You THINK the baseline official had the best view. Why? As one who has been on the floor I can tell you the baseline guy can be partially blocked by another player. The baseline guy may also not be able to tell if the defensive player was moving forward at the time of contact.

 

It's a myth to think that one position always has the best view of a particular play. Simply not true.

 

This double foul is the best solution for a bad situation. Call it a "bail out" but it's the only fair solution IMO.

 

I've answered several times, guess your struggling to read or not reading what you want.

 

The baseline official had an unobstructed view of this play last night, the CC player ended right at his feet & gave the sliding in move. So as for the call last night, he had the best view. Lot of traffic between middle ref & play.

 

During "the conference" only one official talked & that was the ref with the charge. Ref with block gave no explanation for his call to the other ref.

 

As someone who has been out there, officiating is in a sad state of affairs on many levels.

I've answered several times' date=' guess your struggling to read or not reading what you want. The baseline official had an unobstructed view of this play last night, the CC player ended right at his feet & gave the sliding in move. So as for the call last night, he had the best view. Lot of traffic between middle ref & play. During "the conference" only one official talked & that was the ref with the charge. Ref with block gave no explanation for his call to the other ref. As someone who has been out there, officiating is in a sad state of affairs on many levels.[/quote']

 

Why are you bothered by only the R talking during the conference ?

Why are you bothered by only the R talking during the conference ?

 

It's a discussion with 2 sides, right?

It's a discussion with 2 sides' date=' right?[/quote']

 

What would the discussion be?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.