Open Job: Adair County

Harry Doyle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know Foley, but when you hire a middle school coach, you get..... a middle school coach. Sends a strong "we don't care" message to your players and parents.

If everything I've been told is correct, I seem to think that Foley was the favorite candidate among the parents. Although I could be wrong.

And I'm not going to say anything negative about middle school coaches. The game is still the same, the concepts are still the same. It might be trendy to dog them for their level, but that's a really easy argument to make and it's not really saying anything about why or why not they will have success. Colleges everywhere are hiring high school coaches on their staffs, and that really isn't any different.

I would actually venture out to say that it's probably an easier job to coach high school than it is a middle school. By high school, they at least have some game knowledge and have filled out more. Middle school could be a complete and total random draw every year.

I don't know Foley, couldn't tell you anything about him.

Don't know Foley, but when you hire a middle school coach, you get..... a middle school coach. Sends a strong "we don't care" message to your players and parents.

What do people have against middle school coaches?? Is that where all bad coaches go to die??

I admit I'm a little biased, but there are a lot of quality middle school coaches out there that could run and will eventually run high school programs (and no, I'm not one that is looking to run or ever will run a high school program). Everybody has to start somewhere.

Foley has been an assistant before on the High School Level. He has actually turned down several assistant and coordinator positions at the high school level to build up the Pulaski Middle School program into what it is today.

Foley has been an assistant before on the High School Level. He has actually turned down several assistant and coordinator positions at the high school level to build up the Pulaski Middle School program into what it is today.

Foley has done a good job at Northern Middle School. But to be fair, the program was very solid prior to him going there. Johnny Cain had great teams in the early 2000s, (see Cole Draughn, etc) and Joey Warren also had great teams in the mid 2000s, before he moved up to the Pulaski County High School Staff. If the Middle School Association was in existence then, (and the middle school state championship tournament was in place) Northern would have won a few more of those titles back in those days.

[/b]

Foley has done a good job at Northern Middle School. But to be fair, the program was very solid prior to him going there. Johnny Cain had great teams in the early 2000s, (see Cole Draughn, etc) and Joey Warren also had great teams in the mid 2000s, before he moved up to the Pulaski County High School Staff. If the Middle School Association was in existence then, (and the middle school state championship tournament was in place) Northern would have won a few more of those titles back in those days.

In all honesty I've never really kept up with Pulaski. I was under the impression that they had only had a couple good seasons here and there. I'm pretty sure they hadn't sustained this level of success before Foley.

But, this isn't a Pulaski thread. Back to topic I believe Adair will go with Stevens. He should be able to maintain some of the success from the previous year.

Please tell us more about Coach Stevens?