Open Job: Adair County

Harry Doyle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Stevens (sp? Maybe Stevens) would be a very solid hire for Adair. He was an assistant at Metcalfe County for some years before coming over to Adair prior to the 2014 season.

He was the defensive coordinator this year, knows their offensive system, already in the building/district teaching.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, but this group of kids doesn't need any kind of shake up. After next year, re-evaluate things (maybe some tweaks schematically bc of the significant change up in personnel; specifically their skill kids).

My guess would be the assistant there already, or the Middle School coach. I can't see them going to hire Jaggers, when someone in house is just as capabile. Like you said Doyle I see no reason to rock the boat when you have people in hosue qualified and wanting the job.

My guess would be the assistant there already, or the Middle School coach. I can't see them going to hire Jaggers, when someone in house is just as capabile. Like you said Doyle I see no reason to rock the boat when you have people in hosue qualified and wanting the job.

There is NO qualified assistant or middle school coach in the system!!!

There is NO qualified assistant or middle school coach in the system!!!

Unless he has retired the middle school coach is a former head coach there and was on the committee that hired Travis to start with.

Did not say he wasn't there. Just said there wasn't person qualified in that school system. That is to be a head coach NOW!!

I'm curious what your basis for that is, because it seems that they've had a pretty good run with pretty much the same core staff over the last two years. There would almost have to be a guy who could step in and lead the team off of that alone, right?

But, purely hypothetically, if there isn't someone there who IS qualified, are there any people who have high qualifications who are going to apply? Despite their recent success, the perception is still pretty low and it's going to be a job where most people are going to have to take a significant pay cut to go there.

Again, we might have different expectations on what qualified will or won't be, or what it means. But, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that staff as a whole. From everything I've read on here and other sites, they seem to be young but very good at their jobs. But, I don't have anything to go off of other than what others have said on various sites and their overall record.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The principal, athletic director, and former coaches (yes more than one) pushing Stephens!! So as of the end of last week Adair had 10 kids at spring practice. Kids have spoken, school system needs to listen!!

If all of the people that are currently in charge of the school and previously have been successful in running the football program are behind Stephens then he seems like a pretty good choice and everybody else should probably get behind him. The Indians are 19-5 since he has been on staff so he can’t be that stupid. I heard the hang up is some parents that don’t like him for whatever reason and some little league guy that won an in county 3rd and 4th grade championship with these kids that knows more ball then Lombardi.

I have known some very "stupid", as you put it, asst coaches on very good football teams, not specifically saying that this man is one of them, but that logic obviously has plenty of holes. You cant just automatically assume that everyone on staff is legit because of success of the program, there are "sandwich eater" coaches just like there are players.