Open Job: Adair County

Harry Doyle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those people u say that are successful in running the football program. Peck loosing record, hired Graves TWICE loosing records, hired Teage loosing record!! They won first playoff game in school history year before last!! Gay loosing record until these players got there!!! Never won a game that he wasn't favorite to do so!! If the players wanted him they would be more than 10 out of 50 and spring practice!!!!!!!

All those people u say that are successful in running the football program. Peck loosing record, hired Graves TWICE loosing records, hired Teage loosing record!! They won first playoff game in school history year before last!! Gay loosing record until these players got there!!! Never won a game that he wasn't favorite to do so!! If the players wanted him they would be more than 10 out of 50 and spring practice!!!!!!!

That is why players don't get to pick coaches, adults do. If they want to play they will. Don't put too much stock in spring football, Im sure Adair shares a bunch of kids to different sports. Under Travis they've beaten teams like Ft. Campbell, Monroe, LaRue, Taylor, Russell....all teams that prior to Coach Gay they would never have been "favored" (not sure who decides who's favorite...Vegas doesn't do odds on high school football). Whomever they select will inherit a good club...it will be ok, take a breath. In the end it will matter more about the staff they can put together, not just who the HC is. Best of luck Indian Nation!

I don't know of many kids out there who do look for encouragement from their parents. Hell, I'm a grown man with a family of my own & I still seek out the advice of mine when making a decision.

I have no doubt whatsoever that these kids want to play.

Ft Campbell was 3-8 ..Monroe was 2-9 LaRue was 2-8 Taylor was 5-6 Russell Co. Was 0-10!!! The year Travis beat them!!!! Whoohoo!!! You are exactly right on Vagas... Adair was just ranked higher in every poll in Ky!!! Sorry for my mistake!!!

Look man, you maybe need to get quiet and apply for the job yourself since you know so much about winning football and what Adair needs to do. It has been documented by several winning coaches on this very site what an outstanding job coach Gay did building up the Adair program. To cut on him here is illogical. I can't even see a path here to what you are trying to accomplish. Tearing at your own program is pretty dumb. Tearing at the best coach you've ever had is pretty dumb. As a couple of other people on here have stated kids don't need to have a say in who the new coach is. I don't know why they haven't hired one yet. I'm starting to hope that they don't hire your choice though, for what its worth. Like I mentioned earlier Peck had a hand in the interview/hiring of Gay. If one or both of them have who they want in there I believe it'll be fine.

If I recall correctly, there were quite a lot of people who picked against Adair in the FC, Monroe and Taylor games. At least more than I would have thought.

Adair has had a football team for, what, 60 years roughly? And in all that time, their 2 best seasons came the last 2 years? Law of probability simply has me believing that there have been good players come through the program in that time period. They never had success. Not just any coach can coach good players. Is it easier? I'm sure it is, because you can just let them go out and make the plays you need made.

You're going to try and invalidate the wins over the last 2 years against teams with a bad record? Seriously man? Really? You seem to be a pretty big Adair guy, so I'm pretty sure you were insanely happy when they beat Monroe for the first time in years, and beat Russell for the first time in years and won a playoff game for the first time in ever. IN EVER!

If you want to crap all over the scheduling, then do it. But you need to realize that their schedule isn't drastically different from what it was a decade ago, or 15 years ago. And they didn't win 10 games then.

You seem to want the best hire for the program, and I'm sure every parent, booster, player, admin, and fan would agree 100%. I know there are plenty of coaches on this site, and you aren't selling your program very well. Darn near a lynch mob against a coach? Yeah, that's what guys are looking for when they're looking to take a new teaching job, buy a new house and relocate their family.

I don't know who the hire should be. I'm not super well schooled on coaches who aren't in the top tier, and that's my fault. But, man, you really aren't doing yourself or your team any favors by dogging the former head coach and a current asst coach.

And with that, I'm out on this one.

Coach Gays first team won 4 games, +3 over the previous season. Also in coach Gays 2nd season the team won 6 games and had a winning season for the 3rd time in school history. Every single kid on this years team was in junior high at that time.

Here is the last decade for you hotsnakes. 45 and 69 with 19 of those wins the last 2 years and 33 in the last 5.

Opponent win loss

Hart 7 4

Caverna 6 1

Metcalfe 5 4

Breck 5 3

Taylor 3 2

Edmonson 3 6

Russell 2 9

Casey 2 3

Clinton 2 0

Bethlehem 2 0

Logan 1 1

Monroe 1 7

Barren 1 1

Larue 1 1

M-berg 1 1

Ft. Campbell 1 0

KCD 1 0

Union 1 2

Franklin Simpson 0 2

Warren East 0 2

Allen Co 0 1

Evarts 0 1

Butler 0 4

Russellville 0 4

Campbellsville 0 1

S. Warren 0 4

Tilghman 0 3

E-Town 0 1

Caldwell 0 1

45 69

Gays 5 years: 33 wins

5 previous years: 12 wins

A program was put in place. Feeder system, weight program, good systems, fundamentals development. It wasn't there before, that's good coaching.

Kids come and go.

Some really good ones still have 1 year left there. Usually it would take more than 1 year for a real program to be dismantled even if they hire a special olympics coach.

From my understanding, majority of the players do not want Stephens. High majority!!! The parents are backing their kids and want Travis and peck to stay out of it!! For the administration to do their job and higher best coach they can find!!! Not for Travis and Peck to decide for the school! Do the process the way it should have been done from the start!!!!!!!!

Yep it's called supporting your kids!!! And standing up for them!! As I said before no Stephens no problem with 20 some sets of parents and spring practice would be goin well. They like everyone on the staff, just don't want him as their head coach !!!!!!!!